New Member New York

• I have two 65 K Code coupes now.

Vin# 5F07K346009 a racecar for Al Maroone Ford in Buffalo ( see the http://www.ponysite.de/ )from back in the 60's and the latest aqcuisition Vin# 5R07K166988 which is a project.

The recent purchase was a California car that made it way to Maryland, then down to Jacksonville Fl, changed hands twice down there and now up to me in New York. No progress made on the car. Hopefully I'll start on it in a few weeks........

• Welcome aboard Greg!! You will find a lot of helpful people here.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Welcome! Always good to have another koupe guy in the mix and some pics would be great.

Jack

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

WOW you HAVE been busy !

• Well it has finally arrived filled with parts ! The transport of course had no winch but used someone's Lightning Pickup with 20's that was being sent north to pull it up onto the wedge trailer !

We emptied it out and started to crawl all over it checking date codes. The car is correct everywhere and has the tag on the rear and the correct tag on the steering box. The car does still have signs of the Ivy Green paint under the trunk lid. We will even match the primer color as there were many variations once the body work is underway. The next month or so will be a parts adventure searching out what we need. The target completion is June 2011 so we'll see how I do. Till then I will have many questions for you.

• Hello Greg , I was looking at the picture of your K coupe race car and it brought back a few memories, in the erly 70s i worked at Glenwood Acres and Kissing Bridge ski areas in Glenwood NY , and recall hearing stories of a race car that was owned by Glenwood Acres, and seeing a few old parts (valve covers and such) laying around one of the garages there, but never saw the car . i went for a ride over there last week for old time sake to see the slopes , i sent you a pm , regards, chuck

• Thats unbelievable ! I found the original driver Karl living near Lime Rock last year and he visted me at the Lime Rock Vintage Festival and was reunited with the car. He was a ski instructor at Glenwood Acres. He would travel on business to California and fly home with parts from Shelby for the car.Took me 12 years to find him, I then found the original ralley driver of the car from early 65 living in Germany 6 months ago.

The stories of the cars are just amazing. This new ride I have tracked down 4 of the 6 owners already. I have spoken to 2 of them so far.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!