The negitivity has to stop

• Some of you may have seen a recent post where a member of our site asked a question about what the correct K code carburetors were marked with in the way of numbers, I didn't know the answer to the question but posted a reply suggesting that he contact Jon at Pony Carburetors for the answer and also suggested that he might get Jon to build him a "clone" of the K 4100 Autolite carb, and went on to say how impressed I was with the 3 carbs that Jon has done for me (including my "clone" 4100 K Autolite) and how great I felt Jon's customer service was.

Then the thread received a very negitive response about Pony carburetors to the point the whole thread had to be deleted I guess it may have gotten much worse during the day-(I had read it in the early morning) and by last night it was gone.

I am a member on probably 25 automotive related websites and my feeling is that each member is there for the same reason-to learn information that is shared (in this case about K code Mustangs) and add opinions and comments to try and add positive help to folks that ask the questions.

For the life of me I cannot understand why a person reads postings and all they can come up with is so many negitive comments-I for one an sick and tired of it and really think its time to start the new year off right and stop this practice.

We are all here to have fun and help each other where we can aren't we?? Happy New Year to all!!!! Rick Barkley (6hypo5conv)

• I did not read or know about the deleted post until just now.

Without reading it I don't know how bad things got.

And agree that talking negative about someone usually gets out of hand and personal which can only do harm.

That being said I also think if someone is asking for a reference for some future work, a negative experience can aid in helping that person decide on which direction to go.

Sometimes a negative can be a positive.Just keep it civil.

MIKE

• It is unfortunate but either people like Jon, or they don't. I have also experienced problems with carbs that came from there. I do my own carbs, and restore carbs for customers as well. Pony does a good job restoring carbs, but they do not have the capabilities to tune problems when the metering circuits have been messed with, or the factory calibration needs "improvement". Those are the only 2 things I see wrong with Pony.

• I too was wondering where that topic went. Agree 100% that of all the automotive boards out there, this should be one where that type of reaction should seldom or never be seen. Unlike many other automotive boards most of the posters here own the rare kar in question and are actually K code owners. Pretty much to everyones credit the exchanges that happen are great and the information passed on is very valuable and I have had many K Code questions answered and problems solved over the many years that I have been hanging out here. To correct a responce that may be incorrect is much different than openly bashing somone for sharing their opinon or experience. As far as Pony Carb's I have had nothing but 100% satisfaction with their work on my restored carb and the car runs great. When I did call them with a question on the set up, Jon himself answered the phione and answered my questition in 2 minutes so IMHO their customer service gets high marks also.

Jack

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Some of you may have seen a recent post where a member of our site asked a question about what the correct K code carburetors were marked with in the way of numbers, I didn't know the answer to the question but posted a reply suggesting that he contact Jon at Pony Carburetors for the answer ...Then the thread received a very negitive response about Pony carburetors to the point the whole thread had to be deleted I guess it may have gotten much worse during the day-(I had read it in the early morning) and by last night it was gone.

Rick Barkley (6hypo5conv)

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I too was wondering where that topic went.

Jack

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Rick and Jack, be assured that the thread has not been deleted, edited, or locked. You can still read the <i>entire</i> topic, including a certain negative comment about the clone HiPo 4100 units offered by Pony Carburetors HERE.

• Gene, Thanks for the link! I went and looked for it on the board before I started THIS thread and could not find it-I guess it was because I didn't remember it was titled something to do with 15" steel wheels.....

Michael:I attempted once to share my experiance with a particular restoration shop but got a cease and desist letter from their attorney-too bad because for nearly 2 years I was very PRO about this shops work on my car and was very eager to share all the great that was done on it and would have absolutely loved sharing pictures and positive comments on their website about my experiance which now I cannot do.

All: I agree that in the past Jon at Pony was a bit hard to get along with-he personally admitted it on the VMF last year and told everyone that he intended to change his ways....I personally have never had any problems either personal or professional, and like I said he has done 3 carbs for me now that are all perfect including a Carter WCFB for our '57 Chevy 283 Power-Pac engine-he even called to tell me what a great carb it was to start with and here I thought he'd cringe about anything but an Autolite carb...

I think Jon and his staff are an assett to our hobby!!

• Pony carbs does do a nice job with their rebuilds, but some of the plating of the individual parts is incorrect. I can only guess that the reason they plate the parts is for simplicity or maybe they just don't know. I've had several carbs restored/rebuilt by them and they all ran fine. Of course, you have to have a good carb to start with, otherwise it's tough to make it right.

As far as negativity on the board, it really only pops up once in a great while. It's easy for folks to hide behind a keyboard and post things to a forum that they otherwise might not say face to face. There's a lot of us that have been on these forums a long time and it's only natural that once in a while we bump heads or have some exchanges. The main thing to remember is that we all have a common passion and it's for the best to just let bygones be bygones. No disagreement about these cars is worth carrying a grudge over. We learn from each other, which is what keeps this place going.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Pony carbs does do a nice job with their rebuilds, but some of the plating of the individual parts is incorrect. I can only guess that the reason they plate the parts is for simplicity or maybe they just don't know. I've had several carbs restored/rebuilt by them and they all ran fine. Of course, you have to have a good carb to start with, otherwise it's tough to make it right.

As far as negativity on the board, it really only pops up once in a great while. It's easy for folks to hide behind a keyboard and post things to a forum that they otherwise might not say face to face. There's a lot of us that have been on these forums a long time and it's only natural that once in a while we bump heads or have some exchanges. The main thing to remember is that we all have a common passion and it's for the best to just let bygones be bygones. No disagreement about these cars is worth carrying a grudge over. We learn from each other, which is what keeps this place going.

Charles, I am sorry, but I have to disagree with your feeling of once in a great while on this.

The poster who commented on Pony as you may or may not know goes by many different handles on here, and the VMF and has almost always had something negative to add to any post that I've been part of since last April.....

• I must be very niave but I assumed that you would only be allowed to participate with one identity.

The thought of people on a forum with multiple identities fills me with dread.

There is endless scope for mischief and scullduggery.

Cannot the moderators do something about this?

• Cobraboy, (BTW my Wife has family over in the UK-its been many years since she has visited though)(I'd like to visit one day myself) Anyway...the poster that uses more than 1 handle I believe feels that no one knows or has figured out what he is doing so he can get by in making the comments he makes, and when he wants people to know who he is he uses his original handles-I agree with you about control of this but I don't think there is any way to do it.....

Very sad indeed!

• There are some pretty simple rules of the road for these boards, and being decent in the way you comment is one of them. If someone can't keep it clean board members have a responsiblity to remind them that they're out of line. Thanks for not deleting the thread and letting us rebut the comments that were out of line.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!