Searching for a K Code & his owner

• Hi there all,

Last year I bought a orginal K Code glove box owners hand

book of Ebay, and felt it would be nice if it could go

back to the orginal car, warranty number is R609K175776

the orginal owner Phillip F Zimmers, this car was

sold from Lutz Ford on 03-16-66 the book has made it's

way down to New Zealand, I have my own book for my car.

Thanks

KiwiKcode

• I did an internet search and came up with a phone number for a relative. Phillip F Zimmers died about 4 years ago according to his former daughter in law. Sorry to tell you this. But on the other hand, I worked at Ford Aerospace in Palo Alto, CA, with her back in the early 1980's so we chatted about mutual friends and co-workers. That's about the best I can come up with.

Jim

• Contact the administrator and see if he can put you in touch with the current owner of the car if it is in the registry - I'm sure the cars current owner would love to have it.

• Contact Hank - User name RacCol - you can send him an email via the website system - look on the Forum menu - click on Members and then click on his entry "RacCol" - this will pull up his profile and there will be a link to send him an email - he should be able to contact the current owner if the car is in the registry and the owner entered contact info.

• What sort of handbook is it? I have an owner's manual supplement,"High Performance Equipment", that is for 289 HiPo, 427 and 428 cars, but it is not VIN specific.

Walter

• Walter, the handbook that Mike is referring to is the original owners manual. The one that he has just happens to have come out of a Hipo car as all of the manuals were the same. Your supplement was supplied in all hipo cars and was not VIN specific.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I must have misread it. I have an owners manual too and it's not VIN specific either, although the inside front cover does have boxes for the dealer to fill out owner and vehicle info.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!