1965 starting instructions

• This may be a dumb question. Non-K code cars had the starting instruction sleeve for the visor, 1966 had a hipo manual, and Boss cars had some type of decal or tag to point out the manual choke.

Was there any special thing which pointed out the manual choke or special starting instructions for 1965 K-codes?

• "Dealer Showroom Details for 20, Bob"

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Was there any special thing which pointed out the manual choke or special starting instructions for 1965 K-codes?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

This actually a very good question. Haven't ever seen a tag of any kind, but it would make sense.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

There wasn't a hipo manual for 65 kars?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Yes, of course there was one in 1965.

• The 65 Hipo manual has, among other emblems, the High Performance emblem for a 65 Hipo Fairlane on the front cover.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I'm fine with reprint. Since the 1966 version doesn't mention starting or manual choke, I assume the 1965 one doesn't either. That leaves open the question of whether any tag or sticker pointed out that feature originally, or if the salesman had to give a little lesson to the buyer.

• Something tells me that there might have been a hang tag for the knob on the choke on all manual choke equipped cars back in the day when they were being sold on the lots new....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!