Vin number database

• Thanks,

I own 5f09k 694922,i bought it from a member on hear a few years ago, and would imagine its on your database, the car was in the UK, and is in now Spain.

5f09k 139921 is a car i was offered, and i was wondering if you have any info on this car.

Thanks.

Hi Andy,

I have not logged either of those vins in my database. The car you own is entry number 355 however. I must ask: do you have the original vin stamped transmission/block in the kar? If so, please let me know so I can update my database.

Can I get some information on the owner/location of 5F09K139921?

Evan

6T09K134XXX

• Both cars in spain, both blocks are stamped, will need to get up close to check it out, as with the trans.

Andy.

I'll stand by while you verify those vins. For your case I hope they are original. For everyone else looking for their original block I hope they are mismatched. :)

Evan

6T09K134XXX

• Evan,

I am not sure if mine is in your database. 6R09K222236. I do not have the original drivetrain.

Thank you

Brian

Brian, I have listed your car in my database a few years ago. Unfortunately I have not run across your block yet. But I'm searching hard! I'll let you know if I do.

Evan

6T09K134XXX

• I have found a basic long block vin number 5R09K202912.

It has C30E heads , the block C5AE-E 5B5 the heads are 3L21

And 3M23 . It came out of a 32ford and ran to car shows for

The last four summers .

Let me know if you can find the car it came out of,it will be for

Sale. TIA

• Tracicar,

That is great news! Glad you are reporting this. I haven't ran across this vin in the past. But I did add it to my database. Can I get your city/state and phone number so I can call you asap should I find someone looking for this block?

Evan

6T09K134XXX

• You realize there are a lot of original K codes that did not have a VIN code stamped on engine or trans.

You are speculating unless you have any original source documents from Ford saying K-code engines were not stamped. I'd recommend not perpetuating something that you cannot prove, although I acknowledge it is likely true but I never claim it to be fact. Do you have a mismatched vin you'd like to enter, warwick?

For those of us who have been in this hobby for multiple decades, this topic has been discussed over and over and over. Personally I know 20 years I commented on the original HiPo site where the conclusion was (and has not changed) that it was more common to have a VIN stamp on a San Jose car than Dearborn or Metuchen. There are many examples of documented to day 1 cars without a VIN stamp (I happen to have one of those) and have spoken with some VERY WELL RESPECTED people on this site who have owned K cars with AND without VIN stamps. Furthermore, my beef going back to the 90’s and original HiPo site was always how do you authenticate someone randomly entering a VIN in a database...either the HiPo site or Tony Gregory or any other sites out there?

To prove my point, you can add these VINs to your database (don’t), 6T07K123456 and 6F08K123456 and 6R09K123456 and without someone inspecting any of these ghost cars, you have zero proof that they are authentic.

It is also a known fact that people can and have fraudulently added VINs to fender aprons AND drivetrains so the words “buyer beware” are always appropriate with these and other high dollar muscle cars

• You realize there are a lot of original K codes that did not have a VIN code stamped on engine or trans.

You are speculating unless you have any original source documents from Ford saying K-code engines were not stamped. I'd recommend not perpetuating something that you cannot prove, although I acknowledge it is likely true but I never claim it to be fact. Do you have a mismatched vin you'd like to enter, warwick?

For those of us who have been in this hobby for multiple decades, this topic has been discussed over and over and over. Personally I know 20 years I commented on the original HiPo site where the conclusion was (and has not changed) that it was more common to have a VIN stamp on a San Jose car than Dearborn or Metuchen. There are many examples of documented to day 1 cars without a VIN stamp (I happen to have one of those) and have spoken with some VERY WELL RESPECTED people on this site who have owned K cars with AND without VIN stamps. Furthermore, my beef going back to the 90’s and original HiPo site was always how do you authenticate someone randomly entering a VIN in a database...either the HiPo site or Tony Gregory or any other sites out there?

To prove my point, you can add these VINs to your database (don’t), 6T07K123456 and 6F08K123456 and 6R09K123456 and without someone inspecting any of these ghost cars, you have zero proof that they are authentic.

It is also a known fact that people can and have fraudulently added VINs to fender aprons AND drivetrains so the words “buyer beware” are always appropriate with these and other high dollar muscle cars

6T09KGT,

I certainly agree I've seen much more San Jose and Dearborn vin stamped blocks. But you mention "there are many examples of documented to day 1 cars without a VIN stamp." Well let's analyze one of those claims. Please share it. I don't know what specific example you are referring to but I'm certainly open to learning more.

I want to believe that every HiPo block was vin stamped from each of the Ford plants during the assembly line. Ford was great at mass producing a product with strict quality control. I didn't say Ford's QC was perfect though. The bottomline is this: it's just to easy for a HiPo owner to claim "not all blocks were vin stamped" when they want to claim their engine is original to the kar. Ultimately the proof fall upon the owner who claims his non vin-stamped block is original to his car. But they will never be able to prove it.

As for my database. It doesn't matter that your ghost vins are entered into my database. My database is purely used to help link up vin stamped blocks and vin stamped transmissions with the original kar it came out of. That is all. My database is just a tool to record contact information of people looking for a missing block or transmission for their kar. I've found several already. It's been pretty rewarding!

Your comment about my database proves nothing.

Yes, people can add fraudulent vins to something. But if someone was selling your vin stamped toploader on ebay...if YOU BELIEVE it to be authentic to your kar after verifying the date code matches up, then that's all that matters.

Evan

6T09K134XXX

Edited once, last by Evantugby (February 10, 2021 at 1:19 AM).

• Hello Evan, I recently acquired VIN 5F07K375863, car is en route and has original VIN stamped engine.

Please add to your data base.

65 Koupe

• Hi Evan, I just obtained a 65 K-code convertible, Vin# 5F08K317738. Would be looking for the original motor and trans. Build date is 09K. Thanks, Jack

• Evan is in the Air Force and currently deployed. I am not sure that he is able to respond to these emails and requests. I am sure that he will when he is able.

Thank you for your service, Evan!!

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• HI Evan,

I have a Trans 5F08K303343 was in my kcode fastback before i rebuilt and installed the original trans , could you check your data base to see if there is a match before I put this up for sale to the general public, trans is in New Zealand

Cheers

Haydn

• HI Evan,

I have a Trans 5F08K303343 was in my kcode fastback before i rebuilt and installed the original trans , could you check your data base to see if there is a match before I put this up for sale to the general public, trans is in New Zealand

Cheers

Haydn

Evan is in the Air Force and currently deployed. I am not sure that he is able to respond to these emails and requests. I am sure that he will when he is able.

Thank you for your service, Evan!!

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!