5F08K140242 NIR

• Looks like a nice car. I would look it over though.

Harmonic balancer is a replacement step type - water pump is an aftermarket replacement - pump I understand - balancer would make me ask for oil pan removal to check motor internals if VIN stamp isn't present.

I'd like to see some underside shots too.

• The VIN is actually 160242 and not 140242 as listed in the ad. It is listed in the registry with last known location as Indiana.

In addition to items listed above, the fan spacer looks too long for a 65 but good overall.

Jack

Edited by - Jack65K on 01/19/2011 22:17:30

• I don't intend to hijack, but when did Ford start putting the extra bracing in the engine compartment for the Mustang Convertibles? Like many early cars, this one doesn't have them.

• My Sept. 21 '64 Konv. Kar doesn't have the braces and there are no holes or provisions for any of those braces you are talking about. I have seen a Nov. 15 '64 Kar with them so I assume somewhere in-between those two dates. just adding my 2-cents worth.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I don't intend to hijack, but when did Ford start putting the extra bracing in the engine compartment for the Mustang Convertibles? Like many early cars, this one doesn't have them.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

It was added around November '64.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I don't intend to hijack, but when did Ford start putting the extra bracing in the engine compartment for the Mustang Convertibles? Like many early cars, this one doesn't have them.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

It was added around November '64.

Charles,Wasn't there a service bulletin out in late 64 or early 65 to add the braces to cars from Ford for vibration problems?

Edited by - KDROPTOP on 02/07/2011 01:04:03

Charles,Wasn't there a service bulletin out in late 64 or early 65 to add the braces to cars from Ford for vibration problems?

Yes, there was a TSB on it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!