• Judging by the VIN, this is actually a 65 and the seller is listing it as a 64 1/2.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Probably more misinformed than misrepresented. I like all of the documentation. It's refreshing to see one for sale with all of the early history intact. Hope they did a nice job of taking photos during the resotration.

• Just curious about the prices shown on the window sticker...I've had a reproduction sticker made by Tony Garcia, and while the prices he put on it are close to what is shown on this car's original, they are not exact....certainly Tony has done a lot of research before undertaking making these reproduction stickers...

Edited by - SixT5HiPo on 12/01/2008 19:02:42

• This is purely conjecture but I would think that prices certainly could have had some variances during any given model year.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Guess I'm just too skeptical these days... something about the paperwork just doesn't seem right. Why are there copies of the original owners manual? Why does the original invoice not appear to have been folded and appear so neatly typed? While not unusual, the window sticker has an incomplete dealer address and the shipment type is blank (usually CONVOY or RAIL). Can't tell if the window sticker is original or a copy, appears to be a copy over a piece of white paper? Maybe it's just the way the items were photographed, but I would suggest that whoever is interested in this car to closely examine the documentation to make sure it is legitimate.

• I think the photography might be influencing your opinion. It would have been better if the documentation had been scanned, but it seems like a lot of effort to duplicate things like finance agreements to help authenticate the car. The photocopy of the owner's manual is odd, but the invoice is suitably yellowed, it just looks like there is another piece of paper for a backing sheet.

• I think the invoice was originally manilla or yellowish paper. I have copies of others that are similar.

It isn't too far-fetched to think that the paperwork could be faked, but again, I'm not saying these particular ones are, just pointing out that they need to be closely inspected by interested parties.

• Back again:

By Seller:"linkias"

In: Huntington, Indiana

This listing info:

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Fully documented (SEE PHOTOS) original 1965 Ford Mustang “K” code Convertible, 4 speed in Vintage Burgundy with Black interior and white convertible top. This car has been completely restored in 2008. Original Hi-Po solid lifter engine & original matching numbers car. Rally pac. Very straight & solid, complete body restoration with new paint and new convertible top. Drives superbly. This is a very rare collectable and usable “K” code.

IT IS THE MOST FULLY DOCUMENTED “K” CODE HIPO MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE THAT YOU WILL EVER FIND. EACH FENDER IS DATE STAMPED FROM THE FACTORY, THE ORIGINAL DEALER ORDER FORM, THE ORIGINAL DEALER DELIVER PAPERWORK, THE FIRST BUYERS LOAN AGREEMENT, THE ORIGINAL WINDOW STICKER, THE ORIGINAL OWNERS MANUAL, AND ALL OTHER HISTORY RECORDS ARE INCLUDED.

This car is being sold in “AS-IS” condition. I will make it available for inspection. You can contact me by either using the ask seller a question link or call my cell at 574-453-8855. The winning bidder must pay at least 20% of the winning bid amount within 5 days after completion of the auction. Balance is due at time of vehicle pick-up. Buyer is responsible for all delivery costs.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/For…A1%7C240%3A1318

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!