Hemmings K Kode FB

• This car has been on Ebay several times and discussed here as well. At least the price is much lower than in previous selling attempts.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Dave,

Here are two links to the tri power cars that you probably are referring to.

http://www.hipomustang.com/hpmx/topic.asp…Terms=tri,power

http://www.hipomustang.com/hpmx/topic.asp…Terms=tri,power

-Fred-

Edited by - c6zzkgt on 11/15/2007 08:57:22

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• A lot of restoration has been done for a Kar that is supposed to only have 10K miles on it. I'd be verifying that statement and the "sat in the garage" for many years story too. I have some low mileage cars and no one ever felt the need to restore what was original and therefore needed no restoration.

The seller should realize that he is responsible for these statements, being a dealer, and he can be held accountable for them. He better have good documentation. Somebody did all that restoration work... and it was surely done for a reason. I would have to know who did it and why before considering a price that high.

• I have sent the seller an email regarding this car. I asked for clarification of the 10K miles considering the instrument cluster is from a 65GT/66 and this is a non GT kar. Needless to say I haven't received an answer as yet.

RP

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I have sent the seller an email regarding this car. I asked for clarification of the 10K miles considering the instrument cluster is from a 65GT/66 and this is a non GT kar.

RP

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

...Can't wait to hear the explanation!

• Hi all.

I got the explanation. I'm sure this can be verified by someone:

"<i>The documents I have is the original Broadcast sheet, 1 oil change receipt stating miles at 5600 in the mid 1970's, I have one of the original titles with the miles statements at the time of transfers 7000 to 8400 in the 1980's I believe. I have one other title stating actual miles at 8400 in the 1990's, and one registration receipt with the original miles statement, as for the dial cluster I have had original 65 Mustangs before and they have had the other dash with lights, but on one I did have came in with a 5 cluster dash that the original owner had the dealer install and I had the original purchase order to confirm it. <font color=red>With the upgraded 5 dial cluster being available at the dealership in 1965 many people asked to have the new dash installed</font id=red>, I believe this is what has happened with this car nobody wanted the old style when the new ones came out and that was very common at dealerships. In the early 60' and 70's you could order cars anyway you wanted.</i>"

The car is in the registry.

Also of interest, the car was originally Metallic Ivy Green. A discount can be achieved if the colour issue bothers the potential buyer. What's the cost of a good paint job??

The explanation sounds plausible. It would be interesting to find out if there's some paperwork to back it up.

Has anyone heard of this practice happening before?

RP

• Anything is possible with enough money involved. The changeover would have been somewhat expensive back in the day with new parts as all of the cluster parts were seperate pieces. There were no instrument cluster assemblies available form Ford. Then there is the wiring issue as all of the wiring under the dash and in the engine compartment was different between the two setups. Certainly a good mechanic could fabricate wiring modifications but that would be very uncommon to be done at a Ford dealership. In a similar line of thought though, I was parts manager at a Lincoln-Mercury dealer in the 80's when a customer bought a new car without A/C but had wanted A/C. Being as car had been delivered to the customer it would now become a used car if the dealer chose to unwind the deal. The dealer chose to have one of the mechanics take another new car with A/C and switch everything over between them. This involved dash assemblies and wiring as well as the A/C system. Again as I said, anything is possible with enough money involved.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!