• Auction ended Sept. 30 with no bids: 65 K Conv.

BIN of $36k

By seller "ohioshirley" in Otway, Ohio

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>YOU ARE BIDDING ON A 1965 MUSTANG K-GT CONVERTIBLE. WHITE EXTERIOR WITH RED DELUXE PONY INTERIOR. IT HAS 75,000 ORIGINAL MILES. CAR IS UNRESTORED. IT HAS AM RADIO WITH REVERB..HAS FACTORY STYLE STEEL WHEELS AND 8 GRAND RALLY PACK. THE 289 HIGH PERFORMANCE ENGINE HAS THE DEALER INSTALLED TRI-POWER SET UP. ENGINE RUNS GOOD. DRIVABLE. DOOR TAG # BODY 76B...COLOR M...TRIM 65....DATE 01U...(JULY 1, 1965)....AXLE 5.....TRANS 5...5F08K777151 POWER TOP..W. WASHER..REMOTE MIRROR.

I AM ALSO INCLUDING $4,000 WORTH OF NOS PARTS--TRUMPETS, R.H. QUARTER, 4 BLADE FAN, CAT WHISKERS FOR SIDE GLASSES, FRONT FENDER EMBLEMS & 1 HP, FRONT BUMPER BRACES 2 RH, TAIL LIGHT BEZELS, FRONT BUMPER, 1 PR. BACK SHIELDS......ALSO INCLUDING NEW REPRO LH TUBE BRACE AND HEALEY REPRO 4 SP. HANDLE & KNOB.

IT IS LISTED IN MUSTANG HIPO 289 REGISTRY IN NORTH CAROLINA. AND ALSO LISTED WITH Marv@HiPoMustang.Com...AND HiPoMustang.com....

I AM LISTING THIS CAR FOR MY BROTHER TOM JONES IN SOUTHERN OHIO PHONE # 1-740-372-5655. CALL THIS NUMBER WITH ANY QUESTIONS....WE HAD A STORM AND ARE HAVING COMPUTER PROBLEMS.

THIS VEHICLE IS ALSO FOR SALE LOCALLY, SO I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO END THE AUCTION AT ANY TIME.. THANKS FOR LOOKING....

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/…:MEWA:IT&ih=002

• There are no pictures or description of possible rust issues. There is no district code listed in the door tag info. This Kar has a lot of potential as it very well may be a real GT Kar. It would be a lot better auction if it had more pictures.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• i spoke with this seller, was told the car needs complete metal replacement under it, thats its been hit on the passenger side and that the door & 1/4 on that side have alot of bondo in them. he initially had the price in ebay at 60k ! he told me the price to buy it is 36k, interesting reasoning behind his price- its because thats what he owes on his house and he wants to pay off his mortgage. also told me he's had a local offer of 27k which he flatly refused. unfortunately he does not have anything to prove its a factory GT- original paperwork, buildsheet, etc. however someone who knows what to look for may be able to tell if its a genuine factory GT.

• I buy a lot of cars....and I get that response a lot..."I just turned down $XXX" last week, last year..etc

It is always interesting when I wait another two weeks then go buy the car...thousands less than the purported "Offer"

I know most of you do not like dealers, but IMO, regular owner types lie and cheat more than any dealer I have worked with. In fact I sell a lot of cars to other dealers and those deals are easy and cut and dry.

• A private party has less reason to be honest about a sale than a dealer. The dealer may want to establish or keep a good reputation while a private party is only in it for the short term. There are also a lot of offers made on cars that I have seen where the offer was made in earnest but when it came time to "step up" the person was unable to raise the funds.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I'd have to see this car before I'd pay even $15,000 for it. All those who believe it has 75K original miles please contact me, I have a bridge for sale. When I see some misleading or inaccurate statements about a car for sale I tend to suspect there are many more things wrong about it. There are not enough details about this car to know just what it is worth but I'm pretty sure $27,000 would be plenty.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!