6 Bolts engine blocks

• I had an interesting conversation with an old school parts guy the other day. he was chuckling as he just had a guy call him looking for a Hipo block and wouldn't buy one for his car unless it had a K mustang serial number on it because all the rest of the blocks were fake if it didnt have a serial number on the side. This is the type of misconception that we deal with every day. #1 these blocks were available for sale brand new from ford as bare blocks and also as shortblocks. they sold the heck out them to the drag and road racers as well as the street rodders. Ive personally owned at least 10 NOS in the crate blocks over the years not to mention the many used blocks. I also don't believe that any Fairlane blocks ever had a serial number on them as well. if anyone has seen one Id like to hear about it.

• I had a 65 Hipo Fairlane built in Kansas City and it did have a VIN on the block. I was surprised myself to find a VIN on the block. I have heard of several other 65 Hipo Fairlanes with a block VIN.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I know of at least one '65 <i>Comet</i> with a 289 HiPo that has a VIN stamped block. The car was built at Metuchen, and came with no less than three build sheets stashed inside the car.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!