heater hose strap - measurements

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Different for different plants. Seeing one screw on Dearborn and Metuchen and 2 screws on San Jose... and then some here and there either way.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Thanks.

I looked closely at my shock tower to firewall braces. They are original to my car, and there has been a screw only in the front hole. You can tell that there has never been a screw in the hole closest to the firewall. It is a Dearborn - Aug. '64 production car.

• The heater hose straps and fasteners being regularly sold on ebay seem to lack any form of part number identification. Having that many "new" parts that lack NOS part number decals, tags, or other genuine Ford identification warrants caution and closer scrutiny; caveat emptor.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

The heater hose straps and fasteners being regularly sold on ebay seem to lack any form of part number identification. Having that many "new" parts that lack NOS part number decals, tags, or other genuine Ford identification warrants caution and closer scrutiny; caveat emptor.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Do you think there IS a part number for this strap and the bolt(s) for it?

• The strap is an 18B465 basic Ford part number and the screw is a 42127-S8. The strap was an assembly line only part and was never serviced as a replacement part. It is considered to be a part that, according to the Ford master parts catalog, needs to be "improvised locally". The screws are still available however they most likely will not have the same markings as an original because Ford used many vendors. The "S8" section of the screw part number indicates that it has a zinc plate finish. However this has changed over the years as the original finish code was for a plain finish.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Believe the correct screws will depend on the assembly plant. Found 'D' on Dearborn cars and 'CF' on San Jose. I'm not so sure that the original straps were simply cut/made from radiator hose. Might have been similar material, but the original ones I've seen are not smooth.

I need then a couple of the "D" screws for my Dearborn car, does anyone know if THIS same screw is used anywhere else in the cars (for reference) or know where/how I could get a couple?

I have checked my export brace and though it HAS 2 holes there does not seem to have ever been a screw in the one closest to the firewall, this is July 27th scheduled build date, Dearborn plant.

Early 65 article in MT showing the strap and hose routing.

San Jose car...

• My Mar 1 '65 Dearborn had an 8" X 3/4" original that is virtually identical to the corded piece as seen in the above pictures, and was secured with one screw holding overlapping ends.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!