K Code Production Start Date

• I just aquired a 64-1/2 K code with a production date of June 10th and a VIN # 5F07K161273. All the info I have found states the production started in June of 64. Does any one know the specific date or maybe if mine was one of the first 10 or 20?

• If you only use Tony's book, your Kar would be number 22 of the known Kars and engines. I also have an engine for one prior to yours that is not listed in Tony's book making yours number 23. The generally accepted scheduled build date for the first production Hipo Kars is June 8, 1964.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Fred:

I thought 1 June '64 was the accepted first production

date of K Mustangs; just to know, who is saying 8

June was the first producion date?

I own 5F07K162495, a 10 June production date. What #

was it in the K Mustangs?

Thanks.

• Ned, based on the Kars in the registry, and yours is in there, you would be number 25. If you add the engine in my garage you are number 26. This would assume that all of the Kars produced prior to yours are known, which they are not. The earliest regular production Hipo units scheduled production date in the registry is June 7, 1964. I was off by a day on my previous post. That does not mean that this date is cast in stone although I have seen it mentioned a number of times in different places.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I just aquired a 64-1/2 K code with a production date of June 10th and a VIN # 5F07K161273. All the info I have found states the production started in June of 64. Does any one know the specific date or maybe if mine was one of the first 10 or 20?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to give you some more information. I have the engine only from 5F07K135973. I don't have the casting date from the block right now, but I know the assembly date stamp on the block is June 18, 1964.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

There should be a number stamped on a boss just above where the equalizer bar engine stud is located. The boss is machined flat (vertical) and the number is stamped there. Would appreciate knowing what it is.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Bob,

I really thought that I could see this, but the engine is still in a car. Between that and the darn headers, I cannot seem to tell what it is. It looks like a number is stamped there, but I just can't make it out.

-Brant

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!