1965 warranty card

• Does anyone have an ORIGINAL WARRANTY (owners card) card for a 65 K code? I have tried for many years to locate an image of one but no dice thus far. Has anyone ever SEEN a warranty card for a "K" car? Any help appreciated! PM me if you have an issue with posting an image of your card.

• Not a 65 but I do have the original warranty card that came with my 66 GT350. It seems at least for 66 that K's and Shelbys came with them.

Dave
    6S1757

• I have an warranty card (somewhere) for a 1966 A code that I bought from the original owner in 1982. If I'm not mistaken, isn't it the size of a credit card? I can only hope to find where I stored it! Monty

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Dave/Mad4HiPos does yours differ from the regular owners card?

Would be interested in taking a look

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Jeff, I think it's just a regular owners card, will scan and post a pic in the next few days. I will only be able to show the back side though. The front is stuck (glued?) to one of the warranty pages in the original Mustang owner's manual that has the "Void For G.T. 350" stamp, I'm afraid if I try to remove it the page will tear. Dave

Dave
    6S1757

• You might try a little trick I learned with build sheets. My wife has some plastic containers that she uses to steam vegetables in the microwave. You fill the bottom with water and then there's a perforated insert/bowl that sits above the water. If you can get one of these big enough for the owners manual, you can put it in there with that page open and let it sit for a couple days. It will absorb the water into the paper, making it more flexible and possibly allowing you to remove the card. You also might consider using some steam by holding the page over a pot of boiling water.

• I had one of my 66 up here for a while. I have a different computer now. If it would help, I'll scan it again. I have no clue as to the difference between 65-66 though.

• Yes, please post image of 66 warranty card. It is possible that Ford changed the card when they switched from 65 to 66 production but at this point it is all a guess. These little cards still remain a mystery.

• The '66 style cards are different from the '65s.

The card has the owner's name, address and then below that is a date (2 22 66) to the right of that is 5417. Apparently, the 5417 stands for the Dealer's parts and accessories code.

Beneath that is basically a copy of the door data plate with all of the numbers stamped on a thin piece of metal.

Here is a pic. Sorry that the data on the card is blurred...

[Blocked Image: http://www.6r09k.com/66%20K%20FB/66%20OC.JPG]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!