• The HEH-T is specifically a K code transmission. The lack of a VIN does not change that. There are a few service part transmissions out there that would not have had a VIN. There are also a fair number of originals that did not receive a VIN for unknown reasons. I have not personally observed a VIN on a Metucheon transmission as yet. I have seen several original Metucheon Kars that did not have a VIN on either the transmission or the engine. This does not mean that Metucheon Kars did not receive the VIN stamp, only that I have never seen one.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• The typical VIN locations are either near the drain plug or at the rear of the main case on the protrusion on the bottom where the lower tail housing bolt is located. San Jose generally uses the rear location.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• I went out and looked again at the tranny in my car. With more cleaning and a better light I was able to find a VIN where Fred said it would be. On mine it was just in front of the drain plug on the passenger side and was poorly aligned, and a couple of numbers very faint. If the owner of 5F07K672304 is on the forum, I have the tranny from your car. I checked the registry and it did not have this car in it.

Jay

• Look on the Tail Shaft Housing on the drivers side where it bolts to the main case. I've seen several Metuchen tranny's with the VIN stamp on the diagonal 1/2" wide edge surface between the two bolts. Sometimes the 'K' is stamped upside-down so it appears backwards.

I have some pics if you want them e-mailed.

Mark

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Mark,

Please fire the pictures out! My email is BiffF15@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Damon

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Pics sent.......

Mark

• I am trying to find a correct driveline for my 65K (December). My sources said the T10 was correct and I have located one. Is this a mistake?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I am trying to find a correct driveline for my 65K (December). My sources said the T10 was correct and I have located one. Is this a mistake?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

A close ratio Ford Top Loader is the correct 4 speed transmission for the 1965 K Code Mustangs. Special aluminum T-10's were used in the GT-350 Shelby Mustang.

• Warner, I just sent you a PM on this.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!