Arvinode question

• My March 65 Kar would have been an Arvinoder, but it had since been replaced with what Ford dealers subsequently used due to noise complaints. Of course, this too has rotted with time.

I am at the restoration step wherein I purchase a new exhaust, and the restoration discussions posted recently are quite illuminating regarding what to have, how they sound, etc.

Here's my question: does anyone in the Carolinas region have an Arvinode installed? I'd like to hear one in person to decide whether to go back to it as original, or whether to just move on as Ford did and install a replacement system. Besides the Carolinas, I will be visiting the CT area and Michigan this summer, so if anyone in these areas has a system on, please respond.

Thanks,

Ronald Sieber

• Ronald, the Arvinode system makes the sweetest music. I do not have one on my car, but I heard HiPoHerb's system on his K car and it is perfection in an exhaust note. If my car were originally equipped with the Arvinode system, it would receive one of the new reproduction systems.

• NPD probably has some in stock.......they have a location in North Carolina.

Might see if they know of anyone who has purchased it locally.

• There was anouther thread a while back with a link to youtube where someone was driving a Mustang with the Arvinode system-sounded awsomme!!! I think that if your car is early enough to have come from the factory with the Arvinode system you should install the new reproduction system.

• I guess I needed to give some more detail about why I wanted to compare the two. I have a hearing problem amplified by certain resonances, so I wanted to be able to enjoy driving the car. This is why I want to compare the two different sounds and levels created by the two different systems.

I will call NPD in Charlotte to see if they have a customer or two willing to be contacted. I have called Joe in Michigan as well, waiting to hear back from him. I just thought I'd poll the list first to see if any Carolinians would like to volunteer a listen to their system.

Thanks for the feedback!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!