DeLuxe Remote Mirrors

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Gene, Any chance you could shoot a measurement on yours?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Yes I can. I am planning on taking the kar out sometime this weekend, so I will measure up the location when it's out of the garage.

• You think this is bad, try driving a fastback with the Bullet style mirror. Where I sit (fully back), the vent pillar is right where the mirror is, and I can't open the vent or see. The mirror size is microscopic. A passenger side mirror would be nice, as would windows in place of the quarter vents. I usually attempt to hang my head out the window to see before changing lanes.

In my convertible, the standard stock mirror is positioned well for viewing, the vent opens, and I can see much better. I just hope I never get pulled over and have a cop carefully read my driver's license. I'm legally required to have 2 side mirrors due to my poor binocular vision..... Oh well, no accidents yet!

• I measured my factory LH remote mirror location (66 San Jose build, Oct 65) and the forward edge of the mirror is 12 3/4 inches from the forward most point of the door, that defined as where the vertical surface meets the horizontal 'dip' where the mirror is mounted. When I measured and marked my hardtop for installation, the position of the mirror in the dip can also interfere with vent window, so put some tape down so you can mark and check (twice on new mirrors).

Jim

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I just hope I never get pulled over and have a cop carefully read my driver's license. I'm legally required to have 2 side mirrors due to my poor binocular vision..... Oh well, no accidents yet!

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I lost vision in my right eye, due to an accident, at the age of 3.

The BMV never said anything when I got my license at 16, or the next 7 times I renewed. When they finally noticed, I used it as the excuse to get the right side mirror I always 'wanted' but never 'needed'. I remember seeing that 2 mirror thing as a restriction listed in the book but nobody cared?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!