Question about repro 67 HiPo Exhaust Manifolds

• How long have the repro 67 HiPo Exhaust manifolds been made? The ones with the raised part numbers C4ZE-9430-A and C30E-9431-B.I was reading about the bolt holes that are a little off on the right hand one. Was this on the early built ones or later ones?

Thanks

Randy

• Randy, I am unaware of any repro 67 specific Hipo exhaust manifolds. The originals had C7ZE numbers for 67 only and Ford serviced them as replacement parts for 65 and 66 Hipos under Ford part numbers C3OZ 9431 B and C5ZZ 9430 B. I had some in the original Ford boxes with those part numbers. The manifolds were dated late 67 after the cars were no longer produced. The 67 manifolds only differ in a relief machined into one upper corner of each port where they bolt to the head. This is for the thermactor tubes when they are used. I have had problems with casting flash on original 65 and 66 manifolds getting in the way of a spark plug socket at times. All that needs to be done is to loosen the manifolds and raise them up on the bolts and retighten them.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Fred,

They have reproed the hipo manifolds for quite a few years now, under the C4ZE and C30E numbers. I've heard though that early 67's came with these numbered manifolds when new.

Randy

• Think you'll find that the earlier cars used the same as the 65-66 Hipos and only the later used the C7's but date codes would prove this if you could collect enough samples. Of course since Ford didn't install Thermactor until mid April and only for a handful of cars not sure if Ford would have needed them much earlier in the year

• When the C7 HiPo exhaust manifolds came out in 1967, they service all L.H. manifolds and all R.H. manifolds without the choke boss (the C4ZE manifold). The C3OE was retained for the early Fairlane R.H. side which used an automatic choke. All the C7 manifolds were notched for use with air injector air logs.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!