'65GT/'66 Hood lip moulding??

• the general consenses is that the cheap ksr repros are no good at all, nos ones are very expensive and a little hard to find, are these made in original FORD TOOLING?? any one seen anything good out there?

• Your 'general' consensus is different than my 'general' consensus. I put a hood moulding on my 66 hardtop earlier this year and it did all I expected it to do - namely it fit and looks good. I've got another one that will be used on my K Fastback when the time comes. I just went out to the garage and got that moulding - it's made by 'Corvex' in Taiwan and sold to me by National Parts Depot. However the included screws have the wrong head type so I use ones supplied by AMK products and 'trim' them to 3/8 inch.

Jim

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

the general consenses is that the cheap ksr repros are no good at all, nos ones are very expensive and a little hard to find, are these made in original FORD TOOLING?? any one seen anything good out there?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Yep, I ordered one earlier and the break area wasn't even in the center of the piece where it should be. I didn't even attempt to try it on, or it would look just like the current one I have, where the break line was also re-bent, resulting in an unsightly ding/dimple.

• So far 1 to 1.....anyone know if these mouldings are made in "original Ford Tooling"?? or possible by Dynacorn?? I've heard some good things about Dynacorn mouldings...

• None made in the original Ford Tooling yet. All the reproductions (including Corvex) are the same as others have described here. The "Corvex" moldings are from Dynacorn.

• OK, it would seem to me that these corvex ones would be of better quality than the KSR ones then?? anyone compaire??

Anyone heard of a company called Motowell company?? they make these mouldings as well???

• I have an NOS one that I am willing to sell for $99.00.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!