Protective screw covers

• According to the MCA rules fastbacks have 5 protective trim screw covers at the top edge of the trunk. I have tried to find a source for these and have been unable to locate anyone selling them. Does anyone know where I can get these?

• Bob, are you the one I spoke to about these at the Mustang Roundup this last weekend? If so, looks like you found the right place, welcome aboard! Dave.

Dave
    6S1757

• There are two different part numbers used, 375690-S for 1965 Fastbacks, and 380865-S for 1966. They have identical dimensions per AMK's Ford Fasteners. The ones on my early 66 San Jose built Fastback are gray, and are close in shade to the reproduction ones from Mark, but the original one shown for comparison is white or opaque. Could that be the difference in the part numbers, color?

Jim

• Bob,

I bought the 65 type from Jim Chism last week

and will probably get them sometime this week.

His telephone numbers etc. are shown in an earlier

post on this subject. Please use the search function

and you will find it.

/Bo

Edited by - BoS on 07/24/2008 08:06:04

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

There are two different part numbers used, 375690-S for 1965 Fastbacks, and 380865-S for 1966. They have identical dimensions per AMK's Ford Fasteners. The ones on my early 66 San Jose built Fastback are gray, and are close in shade to the reproduction ones from Mark, but the original one shown for comparison is white or opaque. Could that be the difference in the part numbers, color?

Jim

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Might be... though I wonder why a change in number

I thought the ones Mark made were the opaque? Hmmmm will have to check with him when I see him next week

Here are some of the new gray ones I was luck to find at a swap meet earlier this year.

[Blocked Image: http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/firetrainer/66Screwprotectors.jpg]

Edited by - J_Speegle on 07/24/2008 01:31:55

• you can find the screw covers on several 60's fords & mercurys. A Comet with the fancy trim on the rear fenders has a lot of them in the trunk. Also a Falcon wagon has a lot of them.

Sometimes vendord with trim and other small parts will have a limited number of them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!