Three questions

• I have three misc. questions:

1) Does anyone have a source for the correct dark blue meatllic paint used on 65-66 Ford PS pumps All the vendors carry the same paint number and it is the lighter blue.

2) What is the correct finish for the rear bumper guard brackets on 65-67 San Jose Kars?

3) What is the correct finish for the fuel line "cover" that is bolted to the underside of the floorpan an a 67 San Jose Kar.

Thank you in advance for you help. Joe.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

The rear bumper brackets were semi-gloss black with cad plated nut inserts.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

The nut clips are phosphated and oiled.

Jim

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

The nut clips are phosphated and oiled.

Jim

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I'm used to seeing cad plated nut inserts. Have numerous examples here. I suppose it's possible they came either way.

• The 1965 P/S pump was black. When I looked at paint chips trying to match the original color of the 66 and later pump, I thought "1977 Buick Blue F/M (Factory Match" was a good color. I never actually got some of the paint and tested to see if it was as good when sprayed.

• Thanks to all with your input. It is greatly appreciated. The one question I still have is the brackets behind the rear valance that hold the bumper guard to the valance... is the correct finish natural metal with phosphate fasteners? Thank you again, Joe.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!