Autolite BF 32 plugs??

• The "new" equivalent for the BF-32 was Autolite #34 but AFAIK it's no longer in production. I don't believe the Ford Motorcraft BF-32 is available either.

Haven't checked for a while I think all that's left is Motorcraft BF-42 or the Autolite #35 equivalent.

Edited by - Mad4HiPos on 02/18/2008 19:57:24

Dave
    6S1757

• tried to e-mail you, it came back undeliverable. I have some Autolite BF32 plugs, from when Ford owned Autolite. I think I have 8 that have never been used. I used to change them every year and clean up the removed ones for the next year with just a few hundred miles on them. these would be from the 70's, not 60's. there are some on E-bay now (not mine). make me an offer.

• They're on ebay frequently. You won't find the early type with Autolite star so easily, but the standard Autolite BF32s come up ofte and for $35-50 a set. Not too bad a premium if you consider the cost of a new set of Autolites today. Autolite sells the 45, which is what they are now substituting for the BF32, but it is a hotter spark plug than the 32.

• Thanks for all the replies! and suggestions! I've seen the ones on Ebay, and I wonder if they or any other "old" spark plugs in general can go "stale" sitting on the shelf?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Can I buy a NEW Autolite plug for my 1965 "K" engine that is equivallant to the old BF 32?? if so, does anyone know the new number?? Thanks!

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I have several unused sets for sale. ( not the ones with the star, sorry. )

Z. Ray

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Thanks for all the replies! and suggestions! I've seen the ones on Ebay, and I wonder if they or any other "old" spark plugs in general can go "stale" sitting on the shelf?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Unless they are rusted to the point they won't clean up, old plugs should work fine. I've used NOS BF-32's for years and never had any problems.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>I bought Autolite 45's as a replacement for BF32's.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Guess it has been awhile since I looked at Autolite part numbers, seems the old #34 and #35 I mentioned above no longer exist but have been replaced by the #45 as Bo and Dave said. You can still get the old BF-22 equivalent as Autolite AR33 but these would be too cold for a street car. Looks like Motorcraft BF-42 is also no longer available from Ford.

Dave
    6S1757

• the motorcraft bf42 is available as a bsf42.

keep in mind the current autolite brand is not fomoco affiliated but autlolite may still make plugs for ford under the motorcraft name? if you want ford parts get motorcraft.

the bf22 still shows up in a price tape may be hard to find (and too cold anyway).

I switched to 42's last year as the 32's were too cold (I thought) for normal driving.

Edited by - 289kford on 02/19/2008 11:11:47

• The Motorcraft BSF42 is a suppressor plug which translates to resistor for us old school people. The actual older number for the BSF42 was a BRF42 which may look more familiar. There is not a non resistor replacement for the BF 42. I have been using BF42's in my Hipo street driven Kars for many years as they do not tend to foul.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

I have been using BF42's in my Hipo street driven Kars for many years as they do not tend to foul.

-Fred-

I switched for the same reason. Did you rejet the carb with the hotter plug? I didn't but wondered if I should. I have looked at the 42's after driving, they don't seem like the engine is leaned out.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I have been using BF42's in my Hipo street driven Kars for many years as they do not tend to foul.

-Fred-

I switched for the same reason. Did you rejet the carb with the hotter plug? I didn't but wondered if I should. I have looked at the 42's after driving, they don't seem like the engine is leaned out.

Current formulations of gasoline make it difficult to apply the old methods of "reading" spark plugs. Premium gasoline, which many of us use in our Hi-Po engines, burns especially sooty. Wideband A/F gauges are really the only definitive method of telling how efficiently a engine is burning fuel.

Z. Ray

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!