Krylon vs VHT

• just inquiring as to which paint many of you might be using for the engine. I've seen many pictures and the name "Ford Corporate Blue" is used in many publications. I myself have used Krylon 1923 and the PPG paint sprayed with the hardner. The product VHT Ford Blue appears VERY DARK, almost has a purple tint. I've taken original snorkels, peeled of the decals, polished it, and compared it to various paints. I would have to say that the Krylon product is very very close. Thanks in advance for all your input.

• I can't remember the number offhand but Plasti-Coat Corporate Blue is a dead ringer for the original color. The only place I have been able to find it is at CarQuest.

• I have used the Ford engine paint kit from POR-15. So far I have used the kit on three engines, the oldest done four years ago. It still looks perfect and does not fade, stain or rust through like other brands. I actually brushed the paint on the block and it looks great. It can be thinned if you want to shoot it. I have used other major rattle can brands, but they just don't hold up.

http://www.porcan.com/usa/enginepaint.asp

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I have used the Ford engine paint kit from POR-15. So far I have used the kit on three engines, the oldest done four years ago. It still looks perfect and does not fade, stain or rust through like other brands. I actually brushed the paint on the block and it looks great. It can be thinned if you want to shoot it. I have used other major rattle can brands, but they just don't hold up.

http://www.porcan.com/usa/enginepaint.asp

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Definitely for the long term or cars driven a lot, non-spray bomb engine paint jobs hold up a lot better. Especially if you develop a coolant leak. It will stain or destroy 99% of spray bomb paint jobs.

On my cousin's show cars he has the body color mixed up in small quanities as a high heat paint for his engine blocks. I have seen some 10 years old that you can still wax up (he sometimes deburrs the block surface too).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!