NOS vintage parts dealers

• It seems that mixed results are the norm when it comes to finding NOS parts. Based on my experiences over the last couple of years with a half a dozen companies I would like to give a thumbs up to Fred Ballard for supplying me with a number of NOS parts and dealing ethically.

On a second note: the cam timing on Marv's HiPo cam was right on the money and sounds fantastic.

Edited by - round2K on 02/03/2007 12:09:07

• I second the VOTE of confidence for Fred - nice guy - very honest and easy to deal with.

I also had good luck with Perogie - fairly represented the parts I purchased and got them to me safe and sound. Most of their stuff is used - not NOS.

I've also purchased from the other 2 or 3 guys selling NOS parts, but have had mixed results - either WAY over priced or received later style "Motorocraft" replacement parts as NOS "Concourse Correct" parts. Lesson learned DON'T BUY unless the guy will send you several high quality photos of the part and you KNOW what the part should look like - because they usually WON'T take them back.

• Fred Ballard -

I met Fred about 2 years ago and he got me interested in Hang Gliding - Fred is "Master" pilot with literally thousands of flights under his belt - under his wing.

Recently I asked Fred to take my Hipo for a drive and tell me if the shifting problem was the linkage or the transmission. As he headed to the car I told him "don't pull out the choke knob all the way - it will stick closed". I explained that I had the Carb rebuilt and they could find what was wrong. What does Fred do??? Immediately pops the hood, removes the airfilter assembly and manually shuts the choke. Sure enough it is stuck - didn't I warn him of that ???. Well it takes Fred about 2-3 seconds to determine that a piece on the linkage is backwards - I get him a screwdriver and in about 90 seconds everything is back together and working perfectly.

Now I'm waiting to get my car over to him for some restoration work.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

It seems that mixed results are the norm when it comes to finding NOS parts. Based on my experiences over the last couple of years with a half a dozen companies I would like to give a thumbs up to Fred Ballard for supply me with a number of NOS parts and dealing ethically.

On a second note: the cam timing on Marv's HiPo cam was right on the money and sounds fantastic.

Edited by - round2K on 02/02/2007 08:38:35

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

anybody have contact info for Fred Ballard?

Z. Ray

'66 GT-350

Edited by - zrayrichter on 02/03/2007 10:15:02

• I wish to thank everyone here for these unsolicted commendations. I just try to treat people the way I would like for them to treat me.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!