CARPET COLOUR WITH BLUE/WHITE VINYL

• Hope someone can help me out here with regards too carpet colour , my K Kar Build date is August 65 , it has Blue / White Vinyl Pony Decor , the Carpet currently in the car is DARK BLUE , i am Thinking this is incorrect Colour , SHOULD my Carpet be MEDIUM BLUE , How many Different BLUEs are there when it comes too Carpet Colour!!

The Car was Restored many years ago in the U.S. , so Not sure which shade of Blue i should have as the dark Blue is much darker than the Seats.Difficult too Find Answers when have nothing too Compare with.

Any Advice Much Appreciated.

Thanks Shane

Edited by - SixT5HiPo on 07/03/2010 11:58:51

• Shane: I have a July 65 San Jose car with a similar interior and the carpet in that was a medium blue that closely matched the color of the dash pad....

• My 66 K with the Pony interior (interior trim code 62, which is the same as your 65) is also medium blue. The delux seat belts are dark blue however.

Jim

• Oh Gowd.....more carpet.......I would highly recomend that you have a professional upholstery shop provide and install your carpet....there has been several threads about the fit and quality of carpet on the market.

My restorer absolutely ripped out the stuff he got from ACC and threw it in the trash (this was about 2 years ago) and he went with a set from Trim Parts that was much better but not perfect by any means-thats why I'm suggesting that you have a pro supply and install to your liking.

• I've put carpet in seven Mustangs (64-67) and had little problem with any, except the under-the-carpet stuff that was tar based. Most of the carpet came from NPD, but I don't remember who made it for them. A hair dryer works wonders (for seats too). Do it yourself. You'll feel better about you car.

Jim

• Thanks for input , i notice that NPD dont offer the 80/20 Nylon/Rayon blend now , it appears too be Eigher Rayon or Nylon .

With my Kar being August 65 , which Carpet do i need too go with !!!

Shane

• It is no longer 80/20 (that stuff faded) - it is now raylon. The color from ACC that I would go with is callled "Ford Blue." There are lots of different blues offered, but this is the closest for that interior, in my opinion.

There have been tons of posts on the carpet, but it is not really as bad as it is made out to be, again, in my opinion. Installing a set , like everything else on a nice, high end restoration, takes time, effort and patience.

Edited by - club 33 on 07/05/2010 13:47:38

• Thanks , so you say "FORD BLUE" is closer than "Med Blue", is the "Ford Blue" alot lighter in Colour compared too "Dark Blue" of which i Currently have .

I see that NPD do not List the "Ford Blue" in there latest Catalogue !!

Shane

• It is just a matter of what ACC calls that particular color. If you order "medium blue" (we don't even keep that in stock), it will be a light blue color (don't know why they happen to call it medium.)

As Charles also mentions, they just call it "Ford Blue." That is the correct color for your application.

Obviously, there are all kinds of colors in this material.

...and yes, I suspect the "Ford Blue" is a lighter color than your Dark Blue color. The "Ford Blue" is what I would call a medium looking blue (not really light-not dark). Hope I'm not confusing anybody.

Edited by - club 33 on 07/05/2010 18:13:17

Edited by - club 33 on 07/05/2010 18:13:58

• Thanks for advice , Looks like Ford Blue it is then , i noticed in NPD Catalogue they only list Dark Blue or Med Blue for raylon and Nylon.

At round about what Date Period did NYLON Blend carpet come into standard fitment .

Does anyone know if the New Raylon blend fades or not !!.

Shane

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Thanks for advice , Looks like Ford Blue it is then , i noticed in NPD Catalogue they only list Dark Blue or Med Blue for raylon and Nylon.

At round about what Date Period did NYLON Blend carpet come into standard fitment .

Does anyone know if the New Raylon blend fades or not !!.

Shane

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Shane,

We keep the Ford Blue in stock.

I think you will start finding nylon in 1968 and up models.

Raylon is not supposed to fade.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!