Sold to the real owner

• Sorry for the long reply I do not like mud slinging but I felt I needed to respond after his latest ethics ouestion.

Yes the current owner was notified but did not want to get in a bidding war with himself. In the 48 to 72 hrs that insued after finding out that my Kar may not have the original motor ( which threw me for a loop ) in it I was contacted by 6F09KANADA and informed him that I was indeed interested but due to some finicial hardship I might have a hard time purchasing it but to give me a price and would do all I could to make it happen even if I had to borrow money. After asking for a price numerous times I got either a depends on how much a person wants or make an offer I have alot of interest in it but no numbers.During this process I contacted the guy he bought the engine from on Ebay(cant believe I missed it)for 3000 and the story did sound legit but there are lots of scams out there and this one sound too easy. I am not a game player but he seems to be, so after this I kind of knew I was in for it. Since my motor is all correct and coded correctly I thought maybe I could just get the block to have (his motor is all apart anyway).After he agreed that he might sell just the block and still no price I threw out a low price to get the ball rolling of $2300 (block and fuel pump). Sunday after a day out I get three emails with old posts that I made on VMF where I mentioned my take on values.At the same time as I get the Emails he has posted the engine for sale.At this time I realized I was never getting this motor. I made him one final offer of 3000 which he responed "If you want it, I will need $4000 for the block and caps, you pay shipping".Unfortunately The block will not be reunited with car. Atleast at this time but it is good to know it is out there.If the next owner ever wants to sell please let me know,Things may be different.

mike

• Okay folks.....

Contacts were exchanged and offers to purchase were put in place. But no deal was made unfortunately due to varying opinions and circumstances.....

Purchase price really plays no part in an items value as it just as well could have been in Grandpa's basement and therefore free. It could also have been an impulse buy way in excess of it's value.

That being said, Value is placed by the seller in asking price and either agreed upon or not by the purchaser. In this case, disagreed upon......

From what I've seen engines go for recently, $5k is well within reason. I think $4k for Block & Caps is a little rich but not overly excessive. Especially when the buyer owns the Kar that the engine was originally built with. Kind of of puts a skew on things...

I'd value the virgin Block & Caps at #3k-$3200 and for an add'l $1800-$2k you get the rest of the engine components, which sounds like a bargain.

The re-stamped engine also has significant value for trade or for re-sale and should certainly be considered as equity in making the deal.

What's it worth $5k, $6k, $7k, maybe even $8k to the right person???

To me, selling one to fund the purchase of the other is a no-brainer, especially with 5-mos of winter around the corner to complete the project.

My .02$ and am still possibly interested if this all doesn't play out....

Mark

• Rob,

Let's start again with a clean slate.I think $5000.00 is a fair price for the complete motor and would love to reunite it with the car.

Just please don't tell me you have my tranny too.

I will email you soon to work out shipping etc...

mike

• Fellows - going back and editing the first post in a thread this way throws the whole thread out of whack. Someone trying to research the topic in the future won't have a clue what this was about.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!