Exhaust manifolds

• I have a super nice pair of original hi-po exhaust manifolds for sale with '65 dates. They have been cleaned and coated. I believe these were early take-off parts as there is absolutely no scaling or heavy rust pitting inside or outside the manifolds. I do not know what kind of coating is on them as I bought them like this about 4 years ago. Asking $500 for the pair. Pics here:

http://www.early-mustang.com/charles/manifolds/

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

how would you compare these manifolds to the repops.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I have a pair of repro manifolds and when put side by side with the originals, there are very noticeable differences in the overall construction and quality with the originals being MUCH nicer.

• May I jump in a minute and ask a question about the repro manifolds?

I understand that besides the obvious difference in quality

that the repros do not have any date codes or part numbers on them...is this a fact? Thanks!

• I have seen a couple of versions of repro hipo exhaust manifolds. The ones that I remember most had part numbers on them but they were actually Ford service part numbers and not the engineering numbers that are normally on them. They did not have date codes. The average person might not pick up on the fact that the casting numbers are incorrect.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>I have a pair of repro manifolds and when put side by side with the originals, there are very noticeable differences in the overall construction and quality with the originals being MUCH nicer.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

How about some comparison photos of the front and back.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I have a super nice pair of original hi-po exhaust manifolds for sale with '65 dates. They have been cleaned and coated. I believe these were early take-off parts as there is absolutely no scaling or heavy rust pitting inside or outside the manifolds. I do not know what kind of coating is on them as I bought them like this about 4 years ago. Asking $500 for the pair. Pics here:

http://www.early-mustang.com/charles/manifolds/

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote> Hello Charles, i sent you a pm on the manifolds, chuck.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!