• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I just listed a wrecked 65 K Code fastback on Ebay.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

That car was whacked big time! The bent steering wheel indicates injuries to the driver must have been very serious, or possibly fatal. It's a sobering sight for me to see.

• Sorry I am new here so I have much to learn, but the VIN number seems a bit high for '65 San Jose car. Didn't the last '65s coming down the San Jose line end at 5r09K242XXX? Like I said I am learning, so no offense intended.

Jay

Edited by - 289ace on 09/07/2009 00:02:43

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

'65 San Jose order numbers went up to around 258xxx.

Since the car was a Shelby clone, wouldn't put it past a previous owner to add the 8-track player and speakers. I used to have a '65 fastback that had that setup added in the 70's.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

even a Shelby, or Cobra, or Ferrari owner would be adding an 8 track back when that was THE BEST you could get.

Z. Ray

• I bought the car from the guy who wrecked it and he has a distinct limp and said that he couldn't work or about a year. He wrecked in 2000 and it has been stored since.

I bought the car from the guy who wrecked it and he has a distinct limp and said that he couldn't work or about a year. He wrecked in 2000 and it has been stored since.

Just curious, what do you plan to do with the wreck?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!