65 K Fastback Production numbers

• Hello,

New to the forum, but not the classics. I am beginning the resto on my 65 K fastback. Not sure if its a GT or not, it has a few of the signs.

Can anyone tell me the production numbers on K fastbacks four speeds.

I look forward to sharing the photos of progress and the expertise of my fellow K Kar owners.

Jdeboss302

• Joel, There are no available production numbers for any 65 or 66 K regardless of body style. One thing for sure is that all 65 K fastbacks were 4 speeds.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• To add to what Craig and Fred have contributed;

Ford destroyed the production data for the early cars, and rumors abound as to the actual way the records disappeard. Most of the information that has been collected on the K codes has been gathered by forum members documenting their own cars.

Edited by - round2K on 09/22/2009 20:55:28

• I assume you mean a 1965 model year Mustang built in December of 1964. If that's the case, it is not a factory GT. Factory GT's appeared in late February in production data accumulated by Smart and Haskell in their Mustang Production Guide book, VOL 1. The start date has been discussed many times on this forum. Look it up.

Jim

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!