• Me too!

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

to busy watching my 401K melt into oblivion

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I've been riding my 401K around the countryside, and hoping it too will have some value when the time comes that I need it.

Z. Ray

• Yesterday I found myself thinking about all of the different assets that are worth a lot less than they were a year ago. Between the real estate, the 401K, and other stuff that's all worth zip in this market, how refreshing it is to go out and start the car and realize there's no way in hell I'll get rid of the K code, no matter what happens!

• You know,after worrying about all of my other investments,I can say that my cars have not lost what I have into them and I can still enjoy them as much as I have for over 20 years ago!!!! Something to make us feel better in these times!

• Z.Ray sounds like your plan may be the best idea at this point in time. About ready to dump the formal 401k and also put the money in a more mobile 4 wheel investment. The "formal" 401 has lost 25% since the start of 2008 and it sure don't look good for it going the other way anytime soon.

Jack

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

hang on my American friends it can only go back up .

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

after, that is, it hits bottom.

Z. Ray

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!