65 A code motor

• A friend of mine has an original 65 A code motor from his stang which he does not have anymore. Other than being a 4 barrel motor are the heads more desireable and any other parts different than a C code?

Thanks

• Official Post

On a 65 the 4V long block difference is in the compression ratio of the pistons. The heads are the same.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Official Post

I apologize to Marv for not being more specific on my long block comparison. The question was relating to non Hipo engines and I probably should have stated that in my reply. I do realize that non Hipo inquiries are not the norm on this forum.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I apoligize to you Fred for not reading the post more clearly. Because you, if anyone, know the difference between the heads, but I thought it was one of those typo errors. Sorry everyone...

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>You guys are so nice. How about a group hug?<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Lol!

It makes a change to what you can read on the BOSS302 forum...

Every other thread there turns into a pissing match it seems.

• Or even worse like some sites, where everything ends up being political propaganda, regardless of the original subject.

One Yahoo Group that I belonged to got pretty tense when a member accidentally emailed a nasty political message to the whole group instead of the intended recipient. And that was right before the 2004 election! At least this forum isn't email based, so it wouldn't happen here.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!