MartiAutoWorks Tags

• I'm going to order a 1966 HiPo engine tag along with rear end tag from this company. Has anyone had any difficulty with ordering these types of tags, and if you did get the tag back, was it correct to your satisfaction? Also, how long ago did you have it done.(edited to reflect 1966, and ask how long ago)

Edited by - mmv.hipo on 01/16/2008 21:03:54

Edited by - mmv.hipo on 01/16/2008 21:23:43

• I got both through them. They were great. I also got marti reports from them. I got one report and it was wrong and I sent it back. They fixed it right away for free. Great company and have had no problems.

• Hi,

Ordered a rear axle tag for my 65 Shelby.

Sent them a copy of an original tag and

the one I got from Marti was right on

the money.

Very pleased with the service.

/Bo

• Well, I appreciate everyone's comments. I contacted Marti's shop and gave them an original picture of a San Jose Hipo engine tag dated May 23 of 1966. I also supplied them with the information I needed on my tag which would reflect my date, January 66. Other than the date, every thing should be the same. My request reflected that. What I got from them was totally wrong. The first picture is of an original 1966 San Jose Hipo. Notice the date and Level change number 9

[Blocked Image: http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w97/mmvprv/engTag-3.jpg]

The next picture is what I got. Wrong level change number and wrong engine number. It should have been 245-S and not 245-A and level change 9 and not 10.

[Blocked Image: http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w97/mmvprv/P1020022.jpg]

As of this moment, Martiautoworks will attempt to fix it, and have indicated that what they made for me is incorrect.

Mark Vasquez

Edited by - mmv.hipo on 02/06/2008 19:29:16

• The reason for posting this information and the pictures is to help educate mustang owners in that it's always best to supply additional information when asking for any type of tag. If you have access to pictures or someone who has a car built at the same plant, within the same time frame, it will just help substantiate the correctness of the tag.

Mark Vasquez

• It is a great looking tag even if it is wrong.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!