Vin number database

• You realize there are a lot of original K codes that did not have a VIN code stamped on engine or trans.

You are speculating unless you have any original source documents from Ford saying K-code engines were not stamped. I'd recommend not perpetuating something that you cannot prove, although I acknowledge it is likely true but I never claim it to be fact. Do you have a mismatched vin you'd like to enter, warwick?

Evan

6T09K134XXX

Edited 5 times, last by Evantugby (August 22, 2020 at 10:02 PM).

• I have a original K Code w/o VIN on engine and trans.

This was discussed in the old forum as I recall.

The speculation is that all 65/66's have VIN stampings on engine trans.

• I have a original K Code w/o VIN on engine and trans.

This was discussed in the old forum as I recall.

The speculation is that all 65/66's have VIN stampings on engine trans.

Warwick, you could have bought your kar from the dealership brand new and could have been the only owner of your kar for the last 55+ yrs. YOU may know your engine is original. But unfortunately you can never prove to most of the Mustang community that without a doubt your block is original to your kar without that vin stamp

Ford had very specific standardized practices to produce millions of mustangs through those first several year. Whether it be stamping vin numbers in the apron, using specific bolt heads on certain components, marking the radiator support aprons with written codes, the list goes on and on. One of those standardized practices was stamping vins on the HiPo engine. We know this through thousands of verified vin stamps. Sure, was there some that might have slipped past Quality Control--I'll give you that. But the proof of burden is on you when you say your engine (without a vin stamp) is original. Unfortunately that is something you will never be able to prove to anyone else. I know it hurts and I know how desperate you want to prove to everyone it is an original block but most of us in this HiPo business will never be confident in your claim--without that vin stamp.

Mustang360's article states: "Factory-installed 289 High Performance engines had the vehicle serial number stamped into the righthand side of the block near the battery's negative-cable attachment point."

http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/engine/…-mustang-engine

Evan

6T09K134XXX

Edited 2 times, last by Evantugby (October 30, 2020 at 12:48 PM).

• Hi Evan , can you add my Vin 5RO9K153391 to your data base, if you read my thread K History in the General Diskussion Forum you will read a bit of the Kar History and see I have already found my original Trans thanks to this web site. supposedly the Engine was "blown" while the car was being raced and removed, hopefully the Block is still in one piece and around somewhere.

cheers Haydn

• Hi Evan , can you add my Vin 5RO9K153391 to your data base, if you read my thread K History in the General Diskussion Forum you will read a bit of the Kar History and see I have already found my original Trans thanks to this web site. supposedly the Engine was "blown" while the car was being raced and removed, hopefully the Block is still in one piece and around somewhere.

cheers Haydn

Hi Haydn,

I did record your number down probably in 2018. Glad you found your transmission. That is why I keep this database. I wrote down your transmission's vin stamp matches. If I find your engine I'll be sure to let you know. Would you like to leave me your phone number for quickest contact?

Evan

6T09K134XXX

cheers Haydn

Hi Haydn,

I did record your number down probably in 2018. Glad you found your transmission. That is why I keep this database. I wrote down your transmission's vin stamp matches. If I find your engine I'll be sure to let you know. Would you like to leave me your phone number for quickest contact?

Evan, Haydn is a local call for you, if you live in New Zealand. :) Otherwise, email is better.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Bahaha, copy that! I'll email him then. ;)

Evan

6T09K134XXX

• Evan, Here is an engine for your database that is currently on Ebay:

5F08K751271

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-289-HI…fUAAOSwXmRfeyaR

Hipo Long Block Engine

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Evan, Here is an engine for your database that is currently on Ebay:

5F08K751271

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-289-HI…fUAAOSwXmRfeyaR

Hipo Long Block Engine

-Fred-

Fred,

Thank you for pointing me to this vin stamped block. I did log this vin in my database a few years ago. It was listed for sale a few years back and a member of this website with the user name "Hopeto" provided the facebook link to it.

Evan

6T09K134XXX

• Hi, Do you have VIN5F09K749714 in your Database? My late brother bought this Raven Black Fastback new in '65, sold it to one of my other brothers in '68 or '69, and it went out of the family in the early '70's. The HiPo engine was replaced in '67 (threw a rod & knocked a hole in the block while racing). Last time I saw the car was in '83 & it was setup for the drag strip (full roll cage, kill switch on taillight panel, etc., with no engine or tranny.

Just curious as this is the Mustang that got me hooked and I did a Title Search in Ohio & it's still listed as active.

Here's a Pix of it in 1965 right after my brother had the Shelby stripes added. (In late '66 he added '66 GTO taillights (couldn't get his hands on a set of Shelby taillights, but the louvered GTO lights looked pretty good.)

Jerry Mustang in 1965_autoscaled.jpg

Thanks,

Roger

-65 Fastback 6cyl, AT, 5F09TXXXXXX

• This Kar is listed in the Hipo 289 registry as last in Ohio.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• xawacer,

I recorded this vin a while back as you had previously put out an inquiry into this particular vin. I have not ran across this vin. A check of government databases showed no record.

Evan

6T09K134XXX

Edited once, last by Evantugby (December 6, 2020 at 11:51 PM).

• 5F09K309056 65 rangoon red 3.89, 4 speed. owned 1983-1996.. Dam Divorce. Rhode Island. Last known location Massachusetts in the 2000'

Skidoo900T,

Please contact me about your kar you are looking for. Send me your cell phone number so we can set up a call. I have some information for you on your particular vin you are searching for.

Evan

6T09K134XXX

Edited once, last by Evantugby (December 12, 2020 at 1:58 AM).

• Thanks,

I own 5f09k 694922,i bought it from a member on hear a few years ago, and would imagine its on your database, the car was in the UK, and is in now Spain.

5f09k 139921 is a car i was offered, and i was wondering if you have any info on this car.

Thanks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!