5T09K179278 NIR

• New E-Bay Listing: 65 K FB

Listing Info:

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Purchased from the original owner. The interior has had the dash bezel, steering wheel, dash-pad, headliner, and carpet replaced. The rest is original. The driver’s seat has a tear. The original AM radio’s speaker is missing so don’t know its condition. The original owner basically duplicated the GT 350 suspension mods. It has the Shelby finned aluminum oil pan, headers ( I have original factory exhaust manifold and H pipe), torquer intake and 750 double pumper with a more radical cam, roller rockers, and traction bars. Running gear is original, the motor was decked and bored .030 about 2 years ago, and the clutch was replaced. The wheels are 15X7” American Torque Thrust, installed by the original owner. The transmission is top loader 4 speed with Hurst shifter and 9” rear is limited slip. The “Top-Hat” metal under the cowl was replaced. Floor pans are original with a couple small patches. Paint is Base/Clear about 5 years old. Color is “Y”, the original code. There are a few chips, a small 1½ “crack, on the hood, and a small dimple on the driver side rear quarter. There is also some rust along the bottom of the doors. The original owner increased the fender flare size to install wider tires. Misc. after market items include headlight bezel, bumpers, door handles, tail light chrome, rear springs, gas tank, radiator and MSD ignition. The distributor is still original. I have the original Hi-Po and GT emblems, steering wheel, and receipts for all of the major purchases. Mileage unknown.The car is truly one of a kind, driven on “cruises” frequently and receives many compliments. I am selling because I have too many cars.. Contact me at kmustang@cfl.rr.com

Door tag. BODY COLOR TRAN DATE DSO AXEL TRIM

63A Y 22 19T 24 5 5

VIN: 5T09K179278

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/For…=item2559f5af67

• Official Post

This Kar is back on Ebay again with a new seller who is a dealer. It is amazing the additions to the story on this Kar from the previous seller. How about the 1/4 mile times in the 13's at 147 MPH. At 147 MPH it should have been in the low 9's. Maybe they meant 107 MPH?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/For…5fCarsQ5fTrucks

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• There does appear to be a good bit of documentation. Setting aside the colorful seller narrative, it looks as if an investment was made to clone a Shelby then go to the local drag strip. Would agree with Fred that the accuracy of the time & speed is suspect.

• I agree with Fred's comment regarding "amazing additions to the story". The previous seller made no mention of the racing history or documentation. In my opinion, the documentation pertaining to this kar is highly suspect.

• Although the documents are always cool to have, the car will tell the real story. It would require a pretty active imagination and a lot of effort to fabricate period correct correspondence. As a result, I would give the authenticity of the documents the benefit of the doubt until they were carefully scrutinized and proven otherwise.

• I personally viewed this car when it was in Florida at local cruise shows.The owner at that time never mentioned any racing history.The car was in poor condition and the wheel flares just killed it.

• Official Post

This Kar sold for $44,000 on Ebay June 3, 2010.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!