• New E-Bay Listing: 66 GTK Coupe

By Seller: "shelby 289s"

In: Apopka, FL

Listing ended with Reserve not met @ $31,910.00

Listing Info:

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Here you will see the holy grail of early K code mustangs.I have the original Ford dealer invoice which shows the original buyer to be a lady residing in Pasadena,California along with its original window sticker from from Robert.H Loud Ford in Pasadena,Ca.This original owner later moved to Arizona and I have the registrations confirming this.In 1985 they sold this car at Barrett Jackson auction and it moved to Colorado when it was listed in the HiPo registry.I have all the paperwork,original warranty card and maintainence receipts for this car since new.This car has absolutely no patches or filler and NEVER had any rust ever!! I did a nut and bolt restoration myself on this car and was amazed at its originality and condition.The Ford dealer invoice shows air conditioning and rally pac as options.I upgraded the A/C compressor to a modern and quiet Sanden unit and installed an NOS 1965 underdash unit with perfect chrome condition.I had the 289/271hp original motor completely rebuilt and have the machine shop invoice with all parts listed.All internal parts are correct :bearing caps,hatchet,date coded balancer ,number 21 heads with hardened valve seats,etc.etc.The 1.12 hipo carb has just been show quality rebuilt by All American Carburators.The engine and toploader HEHBX transmission are factory vin stamped matching the car and title.The nine inch rearend is original and has its tag stating 3:50 gears.It has the correct dual point distributor,fan blade,hipo exhaust manifolds,HCCAX steering box etc.I have added the GT items and Kelsey Hayes disc brakes but other than that it is all original and numbers matching. All suspension and steering components are new with the front upper control arms recieving the Shelby drop.The laser straight body has a slick base/clear repaint done to show quality after the car was disasembled and all glass removed and new headliner installed.The black vinyl top is in perfect condition.Its equiped with stereo system by Secret Audio.This San Jose,Ca. built Kar is completely show ready and needs absolutely nothing but a new owner to enjoy this rare beautiful car. Call for more information 407 814 0624 Dave<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/196…=item3efbe4e313

Also discussed here previously:

http://www.hipomustang.com/hpmx/topic.asp…e&TOPIC_ID=5499

http://www.hipomustang.com/hpmx/topic.asp…rms=6r07k182294

Edited by - 66tiger on 01/21/2010 19:22:25

• It was discussed here in length about the double vin stamping on this car.I defended the story of a factory mistake of the car starting out with a 09 in the vin number and they corrected it with a new vin with 07 for a coupe.Well it seems that same mistake happened with another 66 San Jose car and the correction is just like mine with the V for void at the old number and the new number being in larger letters.This other car is on ebay,item number 160394359749.I spoke with its original owner who swears his has never had any damage.I am attaching a vin picture of his car which is 3000 miles from mine.So now what do you folks think?[Blocked Image: http://i45.tinypic.com/25k5u7l.jpg]

• This is the car I looked at in Denver about 18 years ago

and it was painted white at that time and had a 6R09K number

that didn't match the car. The trans had the 6R07K number on it.

I was pretty sure at that time this car had a new front clip.

The 6R09K number was stamped at Ford but the R07K number

looked like it was home made. Don't remember if I looked under the left and right fenders for the number. Still have copies of the

original documentation from the Dealer in Pasadena, CA and this car

had a dealer installed A/C, Rally Pac and console removed (due to A/C). The owner asked $12,000 for it and it was registered in Arizona at that time which together with the serial number problem

made me stay away from the car. Sad, because it was a very nice car.

/Bo

• I own this car now and it is a very nice car.The only thing sad is people like you guessing it recieved a front clip,which puts a black cloud over the car.If you read the above post in which I have discovered another San jose 66 which got the same exact restamping vin size due to a mistake on the assembly line.Yes,it looks homemade,but 2 cars from the same factory with the same larger letters?

• Sorry Blown289,

If you read my post, I said I believed it at that time

and am sorry I didn't buy it. Now after your explanation

it's preety clear it was a mistake. By the way, which numbers

are stamped hidden by the fenders, 6R07K or 6R09K?

Finally, if I don't recall wrong your car had a different unit number

between the two while the other one has the same. Only the engine code is different. As said I was worried that I would have had problems getting it registered in Colorado with two numbers

visable. Now I know I should have bought it.

Again sorry,

/Bo

• All 3 vin numbers are identical with both stampings in each spot being the 6R09K and 6R07K.Meaning the hidden vins are corrected the same way.The engine and trans are stamped with the 6R07 number.

• Unless I am reading the dealer paperwork and the window sticker wrong, this Kar did not begin life as a GT.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Fred,

He states in the description that he added the GT items and the disc brakes.

Nice Kar but I can't imagine the reserve being much higher

mike

Edited by - mcfly on 01/27/2010 16:19:03

• Mike, You are correct on the fact that the seller did state that they added the GT and disc brakes. I thought that I had seen that earlier but when I looked at it before I posted my comment, I just missed that statement.

As of this writing the Kar has already been bid to $32,500 and it has met reserve.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I am the seller of this Kar and happy with the price.I recieved the deposit from the buyer and he is to pick up the car next week.So its almost sold,but I think he should be happy with it.

• That is my neck of the woods. Know what town ? I will have to ask around and keep my eyes open at the shows.So far I have seen only one K car on the Island and he was from Connecticut.

mike

• I am further out on the Island (35 miles) but if he takes it to a cruise night or show I will see it as I go to most. Maybe he will join the local mustang club. Would love to see the kar in person.

mike

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!