6T09K285286 1966 Mustang Fastback K code project

• Official Post

All of his auctions have stated that the metal and panels are all factory and excellent. Then if you read very carefully further down in the description he states that it has a new full floor. This has also been stated in all of his auctions however it is really hard to notice as it is not in the same sentence with the factory metal statement. A few of us on this forum have overlooked the full floor statement as can be noted in our postings. Definitely an inaccurate statement on the sellers part regarding the factory metal.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Then there is the mysterious appearance of the manual choke cable hole in the firewall which was not there in the Atlanta EBAY listing.

I would like to know how that happened AND WHO DID IT, as well as the fact that it immediately changed from yellow primer/sealer to gray primer, when the Ebay listing was moved from Atlanta to South Carolina.

I stand by the feedback I gave. This car is not as described.

Of course I think we are all open to changing our opinion(s) if Travis can give us some sort of satisfactory explanation.

• The hole for the choke cable could have been filled in when the body work was done. When I used to paint cars, I would fill in any holes I didn't think were factory. It's much easier to drill a hole in a painted shell than fill and paint it later. If someone was looking at a non K code car for comparision, It would be easy to understand why they filled it.. Just my two cents.

Larry

• Larry

If that was the case, with it being such an important indicator of a K code, you would think the Seller would of communicated that long before now. If it was my car, and that was the case, it would of been one of the first things I communicated to a potential Buyer. Especially with of all the discussion on this car and especially because a short time ago the photos of his car did not show the hole.

• It's buyer beware, and every man for himself. I'm in the final stages of retrieving my money for an e-bay purchase and it's a pain in the ass. PayPal runs you thru a wringer and it's designed to prevent fraud - on the buyers part. The seller almost always gets off 'scott free'. E-bay policy now prevents a buyer from being warned about a fradulent seller, and we've seen a prime example right here.

Jim

• Official Post

In response to Jim regarding Ebays new feedback policy, it seems that you actually have it reversed. The seller can no longer leave negative feedback for a buyer. If the buyer was unable to leave negative feedback for a seller, the negative feedback on this last sale could not have been left by oldcarnutty. Personally I would have preferred for Ebay to have left things the way they were with all types of feedback posted for both buyer and seller. At least that way you get a somewhat better picture of who you are dealing with.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I've asked the Owner to address the issues with his car in this forum. I think it is important at this point for him to address the issues for the benefit of any future owner(s) of this car.

I am an open minded person. If he has reasonable explanations for all the issues with the car, I will withdraw the negative feedback I left him. Reasonable explanations will not include any knowledge he had but chose not to disclose.

If he does choose to address the issues with his car in this forum, all of us need to keep an open mind. We also need to respond. But we need to listen first, then think before we respond.

Darrell

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

In response to Jim regarding Ebays new feedback policy, it seems that you actually have it reversed. The seller can no longer leave negative feedback for a buyer. If the buyer was unable to leave negative feedback for a seller, the negative feedback on this last sale could not have been left by oldcarnutty. Personally I would have preferred for Ebay to have left things the way they were with all types of feedback posted for both buyer and seller. At least that way you get a somewhat better picture of who you are dealing with.

-Fred-

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Not reversed -twisted. I requested a return and a refund from the seller on the basis of parts delivered were not as advertised. I got no response. I then went thru the PayPal system and had to wait for a specific amount of time, make my claim in a specific amount of time, send several additional e-mails to the seller, document my claim, send additional information to PayPal, call PayPal, ship the item, provide on-line tracking of the package to PayPal, tell PayPal the item had been delivered - twice, request a review from PayPal, and finally after seven weeks, I got an e-mail that I would get a refund - in five to seven days. The seller NEVER communicated with me. I did all the leg work (typing on a keyboard). I assume that PayPal told the seller what the real world was like and what the PayPal/e-Bay agreement was from a legal aspect. And Feedback, I ain't there yet - I got to cram a lot of words into a few letters.

Jim

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!