• That guy is just full of BS when it comes to prices. $70 - $100K for a K fastback? $200 - $3000K for a shelby? But the missing hipo toploader go for only $700. What a joke.

Also, these sellers who hide the consecutive # of the VIN, say they are doing this to avoid scams. Ridiculous! What type of scam? If anybody wants a K VIN, all they have to do is pick up a copy of the Registry. The way I see it, if the VIN is secret, then I am not interested.

Edited by - 1966KGT on 01/26/2008 12:58:33

• This Kar would be a really tough one to restore with all of the rust. I have never seen one that was rusted out in front of the gas tank before.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

This Kar would be a really tough one to restore with all of the rust. I have never seen one that was rusted out in front of the gas tank before.

-Fred-

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Apparently you've not had the misfortune to live where the roads get salted in winter.

Jim

• Jim,

I had a 66 Hipo GT T5 convertible that had gone through some really tough times. I had to replace inner rockers due to sagging and all of the normal stuff including quarters. I also replaced the panel between the trunk and the rear window. Fortunately my rear frame rails were good and it did not need to have the front panel in front of the fuel tank replaced like this Kar will.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Also, these sellers who hide the consecutive # of the VIN, say they are doing this to avoid scams. Ridiculous! What type of scam? If anybody wants a K VIN, all they have to do is pick up a copy of the Registry. The way I see it, if the VIN is secret, then I am not interested.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I couldn't agree more. The notion of being secretive with VINs when they're out there in the Smart books, Tony's book, and others is flawed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!