• Reserve not Met @ $24,699.00 E-Bay Listing: 67 K FB

By Seller: "10theng"

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>1967 FORD MUSTANG GT, only 472 of GT's were ordered with the rare K-Code V-8 engine. (GT was a required option for the K-Code engine). The GT Equipment Group consisted of the grilled-mounted foglamps, power front disc brakes, dual exhausts with chrome quad outlets, GT gas cap, the handling package, rocker panel stripes, and GT emblems.

This is not a show car. The car was restored in 2000. It came with standard interior, but was converted to deluxe interior. All numbers match! 289 Hypo, 9" rear, 4 speed, 350 open case rear end, dual factory exhaust, paint code Y which is moss green (but car is painted red). Car has both consoules, 6 grand tach and clock. You can tell by the pictures the car is VERY CLEAN and has been well taken care of. THIS is a true GT. The car has won first place in a local car show (but I think there were more trophies than cars). This is a forty year old car so it is not perfect. If you have any questions please e-mail me.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

link

Question to seller:

Q: Hi, I am interested and you may have heard this already but that Vin stamp on the fender apron does not look stock. Usually they are hidden under the fender, not deep like that, not crooked and have a star stamp. Thanks

Nov-27-06

A: thank tou for your interest in the car , your right the vin numbber is not stock.Ive had this car for 11 years, I bought it form a estate sale.the car had no fender aprons and no vin number under the hood. in fact it had no hood or fennder or core suport.the only thing I have to prove this is a K code is the origanl door tag and the title with the vin number on it.I also have a 289 with aharmonic balancer that is 1-13/16 inches thick, a dual point distributor ,cast iron free flow exhaut mainfolds.crankshaft counter weight,3/8inch rod bolts. the heads havscrew in rocker arm studs and narrow push rod slots that serve aspush rod guide plates.so IAM pretty sure this is a hy po 289.this car is 40 years old its nowhere near 100% origanl thank you.

Q: Can you provide me with the door tag information? I cannot read the codes from the picture you provided. Thanks in advance, David

Nov-26-06

A: thanks for your question.the door tag on the car is a re pop.i have the original tag and it reads 63a y 2a 01c 34 5 5 vin number is 7f02k169034 thanks

Q: K-codes came with 8K tachs not 6k. it was the only 1 in 67 with 8K tachs. all others had 6k tachs. so what happend to the 8K tach for the car??

Nov-26-06

A: this came with a 6k tach the only other k code ive ever seen on ebay also had a 6k tach maybe you can check with the k code registry and they can shed some ligth on this tach question.

Edited by - 66tiger on 12/07/2006 00:47:55

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Correct 9" housing for a 67?<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

My guess is NO. Appears to be a manufactured 65 housing. Notice how the tubes are smaller at the welds and have a "step-down" appearance.

[Blocked Image: http://www.hipomustang.com/cgi-bin/parts/hiporeartubes.jpg]

Check this post for more info on tube sizes.

http://www.hipomustang.com/hpmx/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3644

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>6k tach? <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>I believe it should be an 8K tach like both the 67 GT350 and 65/66 K Rally Pacs. I believe it should also have an 140 speedo.

[Blocked Image: http://hipomustang.com/images/collages/3.jpg]

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Only Shelbys had the 140mph speedo.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>Would Ford have produced 140 speedos just for the Shelbys or would they have been an OTC piece?

I had a 67 S-Code GTA that had 140 and 6K and I had a friend who had a 68 J-code GT 4speed that had both 140 and 8K. But, of course, don't know if either was original to the cars.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>rearend looks like a '65-66 8" to me.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>Agree. I read 9" in the ad and looked directly at the tubes when I saw the taper. Didn't even notice the relation of the filler plug to dimples.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Wouldn't a Marti Report on this car clear up a lot of this?

VIN looks hand made and rearend looks like a '65-66 8" to me.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

The VIN looks bogus. Is there supposed to be a star in front of the 7?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>the car had no fender aprons and no vin number under the hood. in fact it had no hood or fennder or core suport.the only thing I have to prove this is a K code is the origanl door tag and the title with the vin number on it. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I think the seller has pointed out some of the defects being raised in his Q & A. I'd give him points for disclosure.

• Nope,my car has a 6 grand tach,and it came that way.Never saw a car ,except a Shelby come from the factory with a 140 speedo.I have 5 67's and none of them have it except my GT 350.It looks also like a 8" rear end.

Greg

Sorry for the confusion everyone!!! I inadvertently posted the rear end photo from another listing to this one. The e-bay seller did not post that picture on the e-bay listing. I apologize to any and all for my mistake. Picture has been removed.

Thanks for clearing that up and no apology is necessary.

Gary

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!