• Reserve Not Met @ $20k E-Bay Listing: 66 K GTFB

by seller "highwayboss102"

Buy It Now Price: $41k

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

Here is a beautiful 1966 K code Mustang Fastback that was manufactured in one of the rarest color combinations you will ever see. First, it is a true Factory K code, 4 spd, matching numbers, Mustang fastback that retains all of it's original sheetmetal and is as rust free as you can get. What makes it even more unique is that it is a factory Emberglow Metallic car with tan pony interior. It still has that ORIGINAL interior! This car was very well maintained and hardly driven, but, somewhere down the line, it was modified and now is freaky fast with a three deuce set-up and an AFX hood (I have the original). I have alot of pictures, so ask if you do not see it. Forgot to add a few things I know about the car. This car is a title and owner documented 46,000 mile car, and all the speed equipment (three deuce, and air cleaner) are original Ford over the counter parts that were purchased by the original owner when he picked up the car. I have everything that came off the car, ready to go back on including carb, manifold, and hood. The pictures do not do the car justice, so if you are serious, let me know and I will send better quality pics. I LOVE ALL FORD MUSCLE AND WILL CONSIDER ANYTHING.

<center>

eBay listing

</center>

Edited by - SixT5HiPo on 11/07/2006 00:50:45

• I purchased this vehicle and it is as clean as the seller said it was. I cannot find any rust or evidence of repaired rust. The only area that really needs attention is the engine and engine bay. I will have to completely restore this area.

Whoever put the 3 duces on didn't get a good seal on the manifold in the front and it leaks oil. Included in the sale was all the items to put it back to original condition except the shifter and rims. I will be taking the 3 duces, hood, rims, tires and shifter off and replacing them with original pieces.

He wasn't kidding when he said this was a fast car. However, this engine is way too radical for me. I'm probably going to redo the engine and put it back to original specs while the engine compartment is being redone.

And to answer the question about tow hooks.... yes that is exactly what is on it. They will be removed also.

The only thing I have not verified on this car is the matching numbers. Can someone tell me if I can see the VIN on the engine if I put it up on a lift? Also, where on the tranmission should I find the VIN?

As for the rare color combination... I'm not so sure about that. The data plate shows trim as F4. However, I am convienced the interior in the car now is original but as someone pointed out, how do you prove it? Who's to say someone didn't change out the seats and put the ones that are in it now. I don't think we will ever know. If anyone has any suggestions on how to document the interior color please let me know.

Well I have fulfilled a child hood dream and bought my first High Performance Mustang. I hope I can contribute as much as I have received. Thanks to all of you.

Gary

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

F4 is parchment with emberglo luxury (pony) interior. Appears to be correct in your kar.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

So, what do they mean by Emberglo trim? Is that the carpet and dash pad color? The seats are all Parchment color.

Thanks,

Gary

• Gary

First let me congratulate you on a very beautiful and rare car. I had

a 65 hipo fastback (63B) that had F6 interior. Basically the carpet and dash was black - all else was white. I guess those two would be emberglo for your car. Let me know if you want to sell the tri-power.

Thanks

Ron

barinbag@yahoo.com

• Ron,

Thank you very much. The seller asked me to give him first shot at the 3 duces but I'm not sure how serious he was. I will check back with him this evening and if he doesn't want them then you have first option on them.

I am definitely going to replace them. The only question is when. I want to pull the engine and put it back to original specs and restore the engine bay. I plan on puting the car on my lift this afternoon to check out the numbers and I will get the Ford numbers off the carbs and manifold. I will keep you posted.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Gary

• Gary

How did things go once you got the car up on the rack? Were you able to find the VIN stamps on the engine/trans? That is not an easy task especially since some were not stamped and others have the VIN hid under years of road grime. I have read where some of the guys were convinced that there was no stamp to be found only to have the engine block cleaned and there it was. How did the floor pans look? I am anxious to get back to the states and spend a little time with my car. I purchased it in July and have only sat in it once! I purchased it from the original owner and left for Iraq three days later.

Ron

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Gary

How did things go once you got the car up on the rack? Were you able to find the VIN stamps on the engine/trans? That is not an easy task especially since some were not stamped and others have the VIN hid under years of road grime. I have read where some of the guys were convinced that there was no stamp to be found only to have the engine block cleaned and there it was. How did the floor pans look? I am anxious to get back to the states and spend a little time with my car. I purchased it in July and have only sat in it once! I purchased it from the original owner and left for Iraq three days later.

Ron

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Ron,

First of all let me thank you and all your fellow soldiers for doing a very difficult task. Being a Vietnam vet I truly understand and greatly appreciate all of you folks.

I am still unable to locate a VIN on the block or the transmission. This car has absolutely no rust on body parts period. The only rust is a little surface rust on the driveshaft and rear springs. This is a very, very clean unmolested 1966 k code. After inspecting it carefully, I truly believe the mileage is as stated on the title. I spoke with the guy I purchased it from today and he is going to put me in touch with the original owner who swears (according to him) that this is the original engine and it was never changed.

I have inspected the engine casting numbers and dates and all is within limits for this car. It also has all the K code specific parts.

Keep in touch.

Gary

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!