Used Pair HiPo Fender Ornaments

• This used pair of HiPo Fender Ornaments was <b>SOLD</b> for $28.00 by Ebay seller "oldjohnny34".

<b>SELLER'S DESCRIPTION</b>:

This is a nice set of HiPo fender emblems for your 289 Mustang. They look to be original, and all mounting pins are there. There is 1 little ding on 1 of the V's, and the trim paint is fading. They carry the FoMoCo # on the HiPo plate is C4ZB-16C236-A, and the "289" has # C30B-16C144-A. All parts SOLD AS IS.

• RECOMMENDED TEMPLATE: Sold for <b>final sale price</b> by seller

BuyItNow set at <b>bin price</b>(also post BIN if there is one for comparison) <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>description here<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

link

Looks like the HIPO emblems have a part number on them??? are these indeed originals???

• Most of the originals had numbers of C4ZB-16C236-A, FoMoCo in script inside an oval and FOX CO all cast into the reverse side. The earlier Ford service parts had this as well. As time went on the logos and numbers were far less pronounced and in the later Ford service parts, disappeared altogether. I have NOS ones of all of the different stages of manufacture.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• RECOMMENDED TEMPLATE: Sold for <b>final sale price</b> by seller

BuyItNow set at <b>bin price</b>(also post BIN if there is one for comparison) <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>description here<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

link

May I ask why some of these are one piece and some are two piece with a seperate HiPo back section?

• The only one piece Hipo emblems that I have ever seen were repros for 63 and 64 Fairlanes. The originals, of course, were two piece.

Speaking of 63 and 64 Hipo emblems, I have a VHS video of old Ford TV ads when the Mustang first came out and it had the 63 and 64 Fairlane version of the Hipo emblems on the cars. These, of course, were preproduction cars.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Thanks for clearing up the one piece / two piece, I need to polish up the back pieces on mine to get them like the ones in the pic.

Is it possible to get the clips from any where ? both my fender ornaments and GT badges seem to be held on by very little.

Edited by - cobraboy on 02/27/2009 02:31:56

• Actually the original finish on the emblems is not totally shiny. You are correct that not much holds the badges on. I have the barrel nuts in stock. If you need new emblems, NOS Ford ones come with the retainer barrel nuts as well. I also have those if you need them.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!