• Starting Bid <b>$250.00</b> <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Up for auction is a NOS black color oil filter. This is a special rare item. These oil filters were used on 1965, 1966, 1967, mustangs, HIPO, shelby, GT and other FORD vehicles from the 60's. these all black oil filters were only installed from the ford factory where FORD cars were built. only brand new mustangs that left the factory floor were installed with these all black rotunda oil filters. these were not sold over the counter. the only ones you see now adays are the ones that the factory works took home with them during that period. i bought this from a guy who worked at the dearborn factory during the mid 60's. he told me he took it home in his lunchpail and had it on display at his home for 40 years. these are on the rare side and would be an excellent finishing detail piece for the upper end show concourse / thoroughbred mustang. impress those MCA judges and separate your car from the others with this rare piece.

"CONDITION" - the oil filter is overall in good condition. there are no dents or dings. however, due to the old age of this item, there are areas where the original black factory paint needs to be repainted or touched up. the very top has about a centimeter where the paint has come off. there is a very light scratch on the side of the case that will not show up when installed on a car, where there is no writing. there are other very small areas that could use touch up as well. the good thing is that the yellow rotunda logo and the yellow rectangle area where all the writing is located is in excellent condition and the writing is clear. overall, it is in very presentable condition even in the condition it is. i would rate this item as a 7 or 8. with a little work, this can easily be a 10. I am fully disclosing all known issues with this so there are no surprises to the buyer.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

link

[Blocked Image: http://i9.ebayimg.com/07/i/001/03/03/18c7_12.JPG]

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Heck, for that kind of money I'd be happy to use a common Motorcraft FL-1A from Wal-Mart & loose a couple of points!

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

No need to lose points - just paint the sucker with engine color and you are good to go. I always paint my oil filters before installing and it works just great. Better yet, buy a few and paint them all at once.

• I just read in the SEPTEMBER issue of Mustang Monthly on page 80 an article titled "REPLACEMENT FILTERS" and it says cars up to may 1965 should use the RED Rotunda,and from then on should use the GOLD Rotunda filter, and being is how my July 1965 was put into service on August 11, 1965, and IF the original owner drove the car the first 6k miles and had the oil changed at a Ford dealer probably sometime in early 1966 he would have surely gotten the GOLD one, so thats what I am going to use on mine.

I remember some years back that there were some cheapie filters with no real brand name on them that had the double crimp....I wonder IF those filters could be found? I wonder IF we could find some way to double crimp a Wal-Mart FL-1A then paint in Block color??

• OK, Someone makes and supplies the RED and GOLD ultra expensive filters to the various Mustang parts suppliers, we need to find out who it is and somehow get them to sell us may be 100 at a time before they are painted RED or GOLD......I have seen sleeves made for other makes oil filters and I would think that someone probably could make them for the RED or GOLD ones too?? plus there has got to be some sort of tool that could be had to do the double crimp on a Motorcraft FL-1A or any other filter that we might use (then paint block color)

• I saw the final sale price and posted it here last week but for some reason my post was removed.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!