BF32 Spark Plugs

• I have never seen a non-star set of plugs sell for this silly money.

Sold for <b>$285.69</b> by seller amk_products

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>NOS Ford C0AZ-12405-A "Autolite" spark plugs BF-32.

Auction is for a box containing 10 pcs.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Question and answer:

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Q: Dear Mr. Kotlowski, Please verify that these sparkplugs carry the FoMoCo star emblem. Thank you, Frank Makowski Apr-28-08

A: They do not. The boxes are date coded 1-20-1968. The star is earlier probably 1960-66. I did notice that the lettering is more bold and clear than 1970-71 made plugs.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Ebay link

[Blocked Image: http://i7.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/ec/a5/bd23_1.JPG]

• Official Post

I know the guy that bought these plugs and I am sure that he thought that these plugs had the star. I am also sure that he is not happy.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Boy, I feel LUCKY!!!!!! I got a set off ebay 2 months ago for $57.00 to my door for 10-BF32 plugs WITHOUT the stars.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Were these the AUTOLITE logo like above or the regular "Powertip" BF32? The powertip are much more common.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Were these the AUTOLITE logo like above or the regular "Powertip" BF32? The powertip are much more common.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Charles, any idea when the "Powertip" plugs went into production? I'm guessing the non-powertips like those in the auction may have had a narrow production window making them very desirable for the correct dates which could explain the high price.

Dave
    6S1757

• Thanks, if that's the case the non-star, non-powertip plugs might have a very narrow production window, possibly making them rarer than the star plugs. Weren't the star plugs produced into '67?

Dave
    6S1757

• Thank you Charles for the confidence in thinking that I might know when the production changed on these. I really do not but I will try to research it.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Anybody know about the timing of the different ceramic insulators?

The apparently oldest "star" version has a small insulator with just three flash-over surpression ridges if memory serves me. The packaging looks like 1950s style but with the C0 (1960?) number prefix. The "star" version I see for sale the most has what I call the racing checker flag motif packaging. The plugs in these package have larger main ceramic insulators with more flash-over surpression ridges?

I wonder when those changes came in? 1961? 1962? 1963? 1964? Later?

Edited by - rr64 on 06/27/2008 13:30:39

Edited by - rr64 on 06/27/2008 13:41:26

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!