$8600.00 Engine Sale

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Auction ended. Looks like another shady seller, advertising to sell you the correct stamps to do an inner fender VIN stamp???

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Yeah, and a clear CA pink slip for a K code convertable.

Gary

• The seller stated that the title is for a convertible but not necessarily for a K code. If it was a K code title I am sure that he would have highlighted that in his description. All the same, it all looks shady to me as well.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

The seller stated that the title is for a convertible but not necessarily for a K code. If it was a K code title I am sure that he would have highlighted that in his description. All the same, it all looks shady to me as well.

-Fred-

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Fred, you are right, I stand corrected. What he said was "I have since closed the shop but kept the heads and block hoping to find a similary dated 65 GT convertible( I have a clean CA 65 mustang convert pink slip and a set of stamps with the hard to get hollow star) to change the aprons and restamp."

Gary

• So he has a convert body, a K engine and some stamps.

He is looking for a crook with a K convert title to buy his junk.

The bidding for that POS engine appears to be shady to me. I have seen complete intact drivelines go for less.

• This is strange..I own this engine now!!! I bought it a few weeks ago up in El Dorado Hills,Ca in the Sierra foothills! he tried to tell me it was a factory hipo engine as well..I had him remove the oil pan and it has stock rods with stock main caps,its a hydraulic camshaft..I gave him under $1000.00 for it...So it wasnt a wasted trip plus he did have some other cool items...

This is strange..I own this engine now!!! I bought it a few weeks ago up in El Dorado Hills,Ca in the Sierra foothills! he tried to tell me it was a factory hipo engine as well..I had him remove the oil pan and it has stock rods with stock main caps,its a hydraulic camshaft..I gave him under $1000.00 for it...So it wasnt a wasted trip plus he did have some other cool items...

Did he offer you the pink slip and stamps with hollow star for 3000.00 like he did me.

I knew something was wrong when he wouldn't give me a picture of the bottom with the pan removed. Said he didn't have an engine stand. He knew from the beginning he didn't have a K code engine.

Gary

This is strange..I own this engine now!!! I bought it a few weeks ago up in El Dorado Hills,Ca in the Sierra foothills! he tried to tell me it was a factory hipo engine as well..I had him remove the oil pan and it has stock rods with stock main caps,its a hydraulic camshaft..I gave him under $1000.00 for it...So it wasnt a wasted trip plus he did have some other cool items...

So, is this the same guy that you (or someone else) mentioned a while back that had all kinds of expensive car stuff behind his gated compound? BTW, the eBay location listing for this engine showed Hermosa.

I guess you did okay, assuming that you have a good block and some K heads and other good stuff. Is there a HiPo distributor or was that bunk?

• He wouldnt sell me the heads ..He told me he just bought the engine for $6500 and just found out it was missing all the good stuff in the bottom end..He has three real GT 350 Shelbys,64 Stingray and a few 65-67 K cars!! He wasnt hurting thats for sure.I got the engine,minue the heads which included the correct balancer and a hi po distributor which turned out to have the weights raped out of it for some strange reason,I just rebuilt that.The engine has the correct date for my car.I just bought the correct rods,mains,camshaft and timing cover for it.

He was a real cool guy actually.

He also sold me some hi po exhaust manifolds,bellhousing,shifter,Shelby Intake and carb.His prices were more than reasonable in fact..

Edited by - Milpitas on 01/17/2007 19:16:46

What was his first name?

Chuck... In his emails to me he said his name was Jim Johnson.

Gary

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!