• Won best 64-78 Mustang at the Route 66 Festival in Springfield, IL this last weekend. Quite a turnout, over 1200 cars and an estimated 80,000 spectators. Have no idea how many Mustangs were there as they were spread out over a 22 square block area. Was neat driving the 5 mile portion of old Rt 66 through town on Friday night, the whole 5 miles was lined with spectators waving and giving the big thumbs up. Was quite a memorable experience!

• Congratulations Merlyn! You worked hard for this.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Congrats Merlyn,

Your car looked real good in Augusta also. You've brought that car a long way since first showing it in Springfield.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Thanks Richard, just got my judging sheets back today for the Augusta show and got my best score yet, only 6 points deducted and 4 of those were for radials. It's been a long but very satisfying process of getting it from where it was the first show in Springfield in 2004. Still have a few things to make right and/or better. As long as I'm in trailered class I'm afraid I'll never get better than 4 or 5 points deducted as I have no intention of ever putting bias ply tires back on the kar.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I'm afraid I'll never get better than 4 or 5 points deducted as I have no intention of ever putting bias ply tires back on the kar.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Why not have a second set of original rims with bias ply tires for when you show the kar? That's what I'm planning to do.

Well done, congrats.

Regards,

René

Merlyn, Congrats!!! I believe I saw your car & we met at the East Peoria Show a few weeks ago.Am I correct?Bob (topdownk )

Hi Bob, yep that was me...

• Just got my October issue of the Mustang Times today and made the centerfold... the ivy green coupe at the very bottom center of the picture. At least this time the whole kar is in the picture (well, except for the Epps pace car's hood blocking part of it, lol). Maybe one of these days Mary Jean will get a good picture. I see she had to throw a picture of herself in overtop of some of the other cars. Not very good page layout if you ask me...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!