Window Glass Codes

• Does anyone have information on reading the codes on window glass? I was looking at my FB rear glass today, made by Car-Lite, and wondering about the data etched into the glass. That glass is a light green and in good shape. I think it's original.

I haven't looked at the other glass, but I am due for a new windshield, and I think that the driver's glass is scratched, so I would like a source for window glass if anyone has a recommendation.

Thanks in advance!

rdsieber

• Carlite still do special Orders for Classic Carlite Loggos with what ever date codes etc you need , they Compile Special Orders untill they have enough too do a Run.

I have just Recently been informed that Carlite themselves have only just Started too Etch the Classic Loggo with your Date details etc on the Front Screen , previously they only did Rear Screen and Side Glasses.

I dont know if you Can go Direct too Carlite , or you may have too go through a Autherised Dealer like i Had too here in NZ.

I have Brought all New Date Coded Glass all Round .

There are Companys out there that also do Carlite Etchings , but beware !!!.

You cant Beat the Real Deal.

Shane

• Contact P S Auto glass, they can provide correct date-coded and correct logos on new glass either clear or tinted, they did my windsheild, and roll-ups and are absolutely spot-on perfect, and great folks to do business with too!

Its good you have your original glass to work with as it is important that the logos on the replacement glass be put on the same as the originals.

• I meant: how does one interpret the date and part codes? I wrote mine down, then left the note at the garage. I remember the Car-Lite logo, but that's all.

• Official Post

The date codes are, as an example, 4M which would be December of 1964. This is making an "A" for January and going through the alphabet and leaving out the letter "I" so that it does not get confused with the number one. The letters go by calendar year for 1965 models rather than the two year setup for production dates on Mustangs. If the glass is tinted it will say Sun-X on it.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I located my date code: it is 5A, or January 65. I looked up your rec on PS Auto Glass and have emailed them for a quote. I also contacted OEM Auto Glass; both seem to have been in the business for some time, and both offer date-coding. Both are in the midwest.

I'll let the site know whom I select and my outcome from using that site so that others can benefit. This is a great site for information-sharing!

Thanks a bunch!

• I recently ordered three rear fastback glasses and two windshields, all with different dates from PS glass in Wisconsin. They got it perfect and were even able to get completely clear windshields (no tint band at the top). They etched all of the correct info into the glass with the correct date codes. They combined the shipping on all of them and saved me a bundle.

Very satisfied. Talk to Mike.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!