Question on 64.5 K-codes

• i know the topic of blocks having the VIN stamping has been discussed at length.

Question for owners of 64.5 K kars or those who've seen several of them (show judges)- do many of the early Kars have vin stamped blocks or were the early production Kars less likely to have their block stamped ?

thanks-

Edited by - SixT5HiPo on 01/15/2010 00:53:00

• I have a 64.5 block from the first week of production that has both a VIN and the Hipo ID number. The Hipo ID number is the 4 digit one stamped on the tab near the clutch ball mounting boss.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I have a 64.5 block from the first week of production that has both a VIN and the Hipo ID number. The Hipo ID number is the 4 digit one stamped on the tab near the clutch ball mounting boss.

-Fred-

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>Fred i sent you a pm , chuck.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!