New resource for decoding stuff like Buck tags +

• Hey guys just got a copy of a new book last week that I thought might answer some of those repetitive questions that come up all the time related to buck tags and things like the owners cards that have been discussed here recently.

Kevin Marti just released, titled the TAGBOOK, which unlike any of the web based buck tag decoders, it does not scramble different codes from different plants and years in an effort to decode buck tags. Good news

When I ordered the book I thought it was going to covers just buck tag decoding but to my surprise it also covers door, carburetor, engine, transmission, rear end, radiator, steering box, PS pump, VIN (68-73) and owner card “tags”. As well as all the details you would expect from the author.

I know Kevin spent many years working on this book and it shows. The level of detail is sufficient to satisfy someone like me and it is also well organized so that I can find answers quickly to help with those forum answers. . Not that I do not find a couple of little details I want to discuss with Kevin they are minuet and not really important except to guys like us. If you read the Foreword you will understand - Kevin would not expect anything less from me.

The book is printed using the small format (8.5” x 5”), like the Mustangs and Cougars by the Numbers books and includes many black & white pictures to illustrate the details discussed. In total it is a little over 160 pages in length.

Choosing how and when to spend your money is always your decision but if you looking at a well researched, ready reference for this sort information, this book is it - IMHO

Just thought I should make sure others knew it was available.

Edited by - J_Speegle on 02/16/2008 23:50:28

• Charles,

it's just like Jeff to give you enough information to wet your whistle. The book in question is available from Mart Auto Works. Give them a call. I just recieved a flyer on it.

Phone: (623) 935-2558 I belive the price was 39.00. But call for correct pricing.

Mark Vasquez

Edited by - mmv.hipo on 02/17/2008 19:02:13

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Hey guys just got a copy of a new book last week that...Kevin Marti just released, titled the TAGBOOK. When I ordered the book, I thought it was going to cover just buck tag decoding, but to my surprise, it also covers door, carburetor, engine, transmission, rear end, radiator, steering box, PS pump, VIN (68-73), and owner card “tags”, as well as all the details you would expect from the author.

Choosing how and when to spend your money is always your decision but if you looking at a well researched, ready reference for this sort information, this book is it - IMHO

Just thought I should make sure others knew it was available.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Thanks, Jeff!

• Believe only in print form

Mark thanks I haven't received a flyer yet and and could not find it on their web site or I would have posted that.

You got the price wrong.... or at least different from what is shown inside the cover $34.95

Edited by - J_Speegle on 02/17/2008 21:23:23

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!