Documented Build Dates Around Chassis No 184284?

• Anyone have access to documented build dates for '66 K Codes built around Chassis Number 184284? I'd like to see how the build date on this car fits into the mix.

Edited by - gtinsf on 09/02/2007 23:47:46

Edited by - gtinsf on 09/02/2007 23:48:43

• Hi Steven

I humbly suggest you quickly order a copy of Tony Gregory's book from this site, it contains a wealth of info and is the best 35 bucks you can invest to quickly gain knowledge about K codes. Among other things, the registry. According to the 4th edition, that car falls between 22L and 03M scheduled build date.

I hope this helps.

William

• Steven,

A more detailed source is the 'Mustang Production Guide, Vol 1,' by Jim Smart and Jim Haskell, that narrows the scheduled build date to 01M to 03M, the 1st to the 3rd of December, 1965. Unfortunately the book is out of print and every time I e-mail Jim Smart, I add a line to get Vol 1 revised.

Jim

• Thanks. The build date on the door plate shows 04M. Sounds like at least this K code's VIN falls correctly in line with the production build dates. Unless being just one day outside of the range that both sources state is enough to matter.

Oh, and yep, I just placed an order for Tony Gregory's book.

Edited by - gtinsf on 09/02/2007 23:53:54

Edited by - gtinsf on 09/03/2007 00:02:11

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Where does 1965 Dearborn 252161 fall in the build dates?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

First lets remind everyone that we're not talking about when the car was built... just when the car was scheduled to be built (the likely date on the door tag)

In response to the question. That car was likely stamped 05H

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!