Tail Shaft Stencil

• Hi guys,

Did all 65 and 66 HiPo drive shafts have a green and white

marking or were there other colors used. Remember we discussed

this before but don't remember the answer. Many years ago a

65 R-model R104 had a shaft with a dark blue a light blue and a black stripe. That's what I used when restoring my car in 1990-92.

/Bo

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Hi guys,

Did all 65 and 66 HiPo drive shafts have a green and white

marking or were there other colors used. Remember we discussed

this before but don't remember the answer. ............

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

No they are not all the same (4 speed and autos would be marked differently) and its not uncommon for the stripes/markings to change a couple of times during a regular production year from what I've seen

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Thanks,

So what colors did a San Jose HiPo fastback with

an aluminum T10(Shelby bound) with a production

date around May 7, 1965 have?

/Bo

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Though I've looked at my share of original spring built 65 Shelbys I've not found any that had driveline markings that were clear enough to use. And I don't trust the restored ones enough to share those.

This has been the problem with the early cars since information is few and far between.

On the non- k code Mustangs in the first couple of years we see some examples where the codes appear to change every six month or so (still few good original examples) so any conclusion IMHO is difficult right now

Sorry wish I had a better answer - would have allot of happy owners if I did

Edited by - J_Speegle on 01/27/2009 18:19:03

Hello,

this is what I found on my Kar:

[Blocked Image: http://inlinethumb50.webshots.com/25585/2702134900033851696S425x425Q85.jpg]

Can you tell use more (when and where the car was likely built) so we can use that to identify and evaluate the markings?

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Hello,

this is what I found on my Kar:

[Blocked Image: http://inlinethumb50.webshots.com/25585/2702134900033851696S425x425Q85.jpg]

Can you tell use more (when and where the car was likely built) so we can use that to identify and evaluate the markings?

Thanks

Hello Jeff,

more Info? Sure, here is the body tag, should provide everithing you need.

[Blocked Image: http://inlinethumb55.webshots.com/22326/2259528170033851696S425x425Q85.jpg]

Greetings

Mike

- 64 Falcon Squire

- 65 Mustang GT Convertible

- 65 K-Code Hardtop

- 66 T5 K-Code GT Convertible

- 68 GT 500

- 08 Bullitt

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!