• Did the T5 Mustangs have the front lowered like the shelbys? I have a factory 65 GT convertible T5 that I just got back from the shop, based on my previous post on t5, the extra washer is present welded to the shock towers, the export brace is like the shelby with the plate on the fire wall for extra strength and even spaced holes. I also have all the original papers for the car so the questions is not wether the car is a T5 or not but what are the special characteristics of a T5. I noticed the front was lowered and was wondering if the previous owner did it of if T5 had that done at the factory?

• I've heard that a lot of the stuff that shelby did was because he saw it being done at the ford factory to the mustangs that were destined for Europe. Does anybody on this forum own a T5 that the can send pictures of? I would like to see the engine compartement.

• Shelby performed this modification exclusively according to all the documentation I've seen.

Shebly had to EITHER modify the suspension OR modify the engine to run the GT350 in B Production racing - he chose horsepower over handling - therefore he had to put all of the race "SUSPENSION" modifications on the GT350 street cars so the race cars could have more under the hood.

Shelby did pick up the Export Brace from Ford, but that is about it - the A-arm mods, Monte Carlo bar, over ride traction bar, Bill Stroppe 1" front sway bar, and axle limit cables were all cooked up by Shelby's development team on 2 COUPE development mule cars provided by Ford. He even limited the A-arm relocation to 1" MAX because going any lower would have risked broken upper ball joints.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Shelby did pick up the Export Brace from Ford, but that is about it - the A-arm mods, Monte Carlo bar, over ride traction bar, Bill Stroppe 1" front sway bar, and axle limit cables were all cooked up by Shelby's development team on 2 COUPE development mule cars provided by Ford. .....

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Believe you will find that the "Monte Carlo" car was borrowed from the 64 Falcons that were raced in Europe.... ie the reason for the name

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Does anybody on this forum own a T5 that the can send pictures of? I would like to see the engine compartement.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Not many differences Here is a picture of a 67 T5 I ran across last month (sorry not a K code)

[Blocked Image: http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/firetrainer/7T02Ceng.jpg]

Odd thing on this particular car was that they installed a 65-66 export brace rather than the expected 67-up style

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!