headers for 66 k code mustang

• please would some one recommend the BEST FITTING header for 66 k code 4 speed mustang, I have been told jba 1650sjs work great & others say they were a PAIN. I do not want to cut, bend or pound. Thank you for any advice.P.S. would like arvinode from h pipe back.

• I went thru 2 sets of Patriot Tri-y headers before I found a set that fit w/o "adjusting" . I got the nickel plated ones. Patriot headers are the least expensive, but mine have lasted about 8 years so far.

Long tube headers are likely to reduce your low end power, so I would steer clear of them unless that is not a concern for you.

I think J. Cowles at shelbyparts.com has the best tri-y headers but they are $995.00 a set.

Z.

Edited by - zrayrichter on 11/28/2010 13:38:21

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I heard a while back that the tri-y's made by Scott Drake will fit, and fit like they should.

Edited by - 289kford on 11/29/2010 08:30:46

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I wasn't aware that Scott Drake made headers.

• I put Doug's Ceramic Coated Tri Y's on my 65 K. Only a slight adjustment of the Z bar was needed. Great fit, and they still look like new aftermore than 7 years on the car. Worth a look.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!